Sign in to follow this  
oxxyfx

Question about the Bit-switch special project

Hello,

I am interested in building the bit-switch and the LoMa from the special projects page. However the PIC processor mentioned there, 10C202 or 10C206 is no available at the moment for me - but I do have other ones.

My question is if the hex code can be loaded to a different PIC like 12C672 or 12C508. I have the 12C508, 12C109 in surface mounted package, and it is quite hard to program those with my programmer, since I have to solder a lead to every pin to be able to fit it in the programmer's ZIF socket.

If it cannot be loaded, who do I have to contact to either get the original code, to recomplie it for 12C672 or to get the hex which can be applied for this.

Thanks, Oxy.

Edited by oxxyfx

10C202 or 10C206 is no available at the moment for me

Bit-Switch: The 10F202 and 10F206 are available from many sources in SMT and 8-pin DIP packages. Even microchip.com offers them. They are heavily promoting it and it is becoming very popular.

I'm not sure what other PIC's the 10F code would work in. I suspect there is probably another 8-pin PIC device with the same architecture. But I will let you do the research. :)

LOMA: This project can use the PIC 12C508, 12C509, 12F508, or 12F509. SMT or 8-Pin DIP.

Yes, however I did not find any programmers which advertise that they work with the 10F series Pic. So far I bought 2 kits, none of these specify that they work with the 10F. Also there is no mention on the page on what kind of programmer to use....

Also there is no mention on the page on what kind of programmer to use.... 

I don't offer recommendations on hobby programmers. However, maybe someone will chime in and give advice on one they like.

no the hex file can only be loaded into the right type, the program is assembled or compiled for.

ok I know some rare situations that is actually work.

is the source code avail online ?

if yes, then download mplab and re-assemble it for the right type you have access to, or ask the sw dude that made the project to do it for you.

programmers: the best is ICD2 and a sot23-6 adapter microchip sell one that is super with zif socket and test pins, they you are happy with the PIC10

the idea about PIC10 is lost if you use the DIP versions.

otherwise a homemade hardware programmer can be made,

I prefer the an589 type, it uses the PC parallel port, and PC program like IC-prog

can handle most important types you like.

Edited by ThomasScherrer