Sign in to follow this  
Mark Harris

Active Robots gear

Has any tried the ActiveRobots tx/rx stuff which is offered on robotshop.ca?

http://www.robotshop.ca/home/products/robo...ransmitter.html

http://www.robotshop.ca/home/products/robo...0-receiver.html

Any ideas on range for the 500mW? They are one of the few places that take payments not using paypal... Prices don't seem too bad either!

(Edit: Actually looks like they are made by airwave)

Edited by Mark Harris

Yes they are Airwave. Range will depend on aerials, 500mW is 500mW ;)

Terry

Well i ordered the 500mW and 100mW versions, plus both types of recievers they offer - and some SMA connectors :)

Figured that way i can play around with the combinations to work out what is best for my environment!

/excited - these are the last items i need to finish up my FPV setup.

I suggest an LDO Linear Vreg, which is not a bad thing with a 2S LiPO. But if you do use a DE switcher, you will need to incorporate a hefty LC filter to avoid power supply ripple from causing noise in the Airwave's video.

I've used several of the Active Robots Airwave receivers, but have been a bit disappointed.

Okay, I'm UK (thus stuck with 10mW transmitters legal max), but I also wonder about the difference between the performance if you just solder all the switches etc. to the metal cases versus mounting them (as they are no doubt designed) to a proper ground-plane PCB (a la Aeropix kits) - on another thread an informal comparison was made; I'd love to see some figures comparing these different 'mounts'. My experience suggests sensitivity takes a hit.

(Oh, and soldering to the pinouts is a pig - 0.05" pitch, tiny little things, ugh)