Sign in to follow this  
Mor10mer

Wich system fits me?

Ok, so heres my idea. I want to mount a camera on my rc plane and send the pictures to a portable telly so i can see in flight footage.

I've been reading a little and come to the conclution that the average 2.5ghz "Spy camera" won't work well because of their low output power, am I right?

So, I found this radio module: Radio module

It has 500mv power. Approx how long range would this give me with a decent antenna? Any help apriciated.

Regards Morten.

It has 500mv power. Approx how long range would this give me with a decent antenna? Any help apriciated.

Regards Morten.

2 miles plus with a good receiver set up.

Terry

Wow! That far more than I had expected =D

Thats great news =)

Then my next question would be, what type of camera would i need, i don't need anything that fancy.

And what are the cheapes googles i can find, i don't need that good quality, as long as it's flyable. Where i need quality is on the recordings, and there good gooogles won't help.

EDIT: Got one more question to toss inn: wich frequency has the best range/mw ratio, 2.5ghz or 900mhz?

-Morten

Edited by Mor10mer

EDIT: Got one more question to toss inn: wich frequency has the best range/mw ratio, 2.5ghz or 900mhz?

-Morten

usually, 2.4GHz, as the radio and transmitter is also based on newer designs, but if you're flying in an area where people have cordless phones an wireless g networks, then you can get more interference on the 2.4GHz band.

there's some transmitters and receivers appearing using the 5.8GHz band too.

In theory it should be 900Mhz but in practice the jury is still out.

Terry