skola28

JR Radio Switch Mod

I have a 6 channel JR radio that has two switches on the shoulders of the controller which are simple two position toggles... Do you know if it is possible to change those into a dial type switch which would use a potentiometer like the other 4 channels?

And by possible, I mean relatively easy...

:P

Maybe. What JR Tx do you have?

Old JR Tx? Have you seen this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55575

Modern Tx's with Microcontroller based encoders are often not compatible with a hack like this one. But, sometimes it can be done.

And by possible, I mean relatively easy...

Heart transplant surgery is probably relatively easy after you've done a few. So, yes, these sort of hacks are often relatively easy too. :)

I have a JR 652 (older computerish radio). I have a landing gear toggle, and a flaps toggle built into it; but I'd like to have a potentiometer instead on one or the other... probably both. I read through that thread you forwarded (nice work on that by the way);

You said:

"I do not know what that model Tx is. But, if it is an "older" design (pre-1995 origins) then you may be in luck. Just open it up and see if a NE5044 IC is in it. If it is, then the basic concepts outlined here can be used."

Does that still apply to the JR radio I have?

I'm guessing b/c its a 'computer' radio this will not work. But also, I'm not trying to ADD a channel, but rather just convert a current one.

I may end up having to use a separate RX and TX for camera pan, or possibly just forgo use of the Rudder...