Sign in to follow this  
Crash9

Need small, Light wieght Video splitter

Hello' I would like to split my cameras video to 2 places, 1st is to a on-board dvr inside the plane and the other 1 to my 900TX so I can see what the planes camera is seeing (through goggles). I like using the DVR inside the plane because it records better video but I also want to send the video wireless back to me. So far I have just used a Y connector but of course it cuts down the quality. So I'm looking for a amplified splitter or somthing like it that won't cut the quality so much. I thought about using 2 cameras mounted together but would like to avoid that :huh: . Any suggestions. Thanks.

It seems a bit large and expensive for what it is.

Terry

I did find a 12volt 1 input 2 output here http://www.21best.com/21_best/electronic/s...sale_.html#VD12  Price seems a little high though but it's small enough for my Twin StarII

I have that one, but for the ground station to split between archos and googles. Works great but you have to ensure 12V, 11V is not good for it, horizontal lines will appear with that voltage. By the wat it costs me like 20 € at a local electronic store.

By the way, wich dvr have you installed on board?

Edited by Wavess

There is actually a much simpler way - the Y-adaptor method is perfectly sound provided you remove the 75 ohm termination from the first device (and leave the one at the end of the cable). If you plan to use the device without the splitter sometimes, simply fit a switch to put the resistor in or out of circuit as required. So long as your circuit has only one termination (verify it with an ohmeter) you can chain several devices without signal loss. However the nature of the connections and cables becomes important for longer connections (of the order of metres) - you should use properly designed 75 ohm connectors and co-ax or you'll start to see 'ringing' (ghosting on the edges in the picture).

the Y-adaptor method is perfectly sound provided you remove the 75 ohm termination from the first device (and leave the one at the end of the cable).

The issue is that the 75 ohm terminations are SMT resistors buried inside the video products we use. I have indeed hacked video devices to make these switchable, but the average mortal would not be prepared to do that. So, a video buffer amp is the typical solution.