Crash9

What Telemetry Should a newbie Start with

I' m new to FPV and it has really made flying RC more exciting, since I spend my spare time on Microsoft sims or RC flying. It brings them both togeather for me. I spend countless hours on the net (sorry honey) getting schooled by the people who are willing to share info, I find that it can be hard to til what is what.

My ? is what does a guy half to do to add telemetry overlay to the video. Ive flowen full size aircraft (moonies and 172s) so I have VFR and IFR understandings but when I fly FPV I find I need more info (since there is none). 2) Does anyone make a complete GPS overlay, something that doesn't need me to purchase a GPS and hack into it. I do have Mapsourse and Lowrance software along with a Etrex legendC and Baja 480. What is the best way to get started with telemetry?

After spending a couple of days reserching, I've decided to go with the Inspire. Seems like the best Plug n Play set up out there for a newbie getting started :) .

After spending a couple of days reserching, I've decided to go with the Inspire. Seems like the best Plug n Play set up out there for a newbie getting started :) .

It look to best in town, only the price is expensive. It better to buy good stuff now, not begin with cheap stuff and buy good stuff after, you will waste money, so good choice.

Yeah I agree, Better to start out with the good stuff. Now if I can recover for my kids birthdays, 2kids birthdays 5 day's apart :o (over did it again). I will most likley get this set up...

Vrflyer, what OSD do you use?

Edited by Crash9

Yeah I agree, Better to start out with the good stuff. Now if I can recover for my kids birthdays, 2kids birthdays 5 day's apart :o (over did it again). I will most likley get this set up...

Vrflyer, what OSD do you use?

I don`t use OSD presently, I own a Vision OSD and it stay in the desk, not possible to see data on the screen because data are transparent. Idiot. I will finish by giving it...