Sign in to follow this  
SycoSim

Going to start easy Star FPV project :)

Hi ther Im a new member here from uk

Looking at the videos of the FPV projects has inspired me to have a go an do it myself nice 1 guys ;), Anyway i hav good electronics skills so soldering is not a problem!

I will use the easystar as i will be flying at the local park just up the road and has the FPV original setup (Thanx Vrflyer brill project youve created ;) ).

I am going to order the parts starting next week, first on the list is the

AV Tx and RX moduals and camera modual, im going for the Airwave 612 RFTX and 623 RFRX from active robots, and the Kx-131 from blackwidowav

once these arrive i will get them up and running to check everything working

and then consider pan/tilt items.

by the way if ther is any1 from the uk here?

SyCo

Hi Sicosim

I'm glad to know you came to this hobby because of my videos. I was not alone, without members of the rc-cam forum, I would not done it.

You can find good price & service here:

http://www.futurehobbies.com/

and here

http://www.aeropix.ch/store/

Aeropix use the same tx/rx you want to buy and sell them in kit at low price,

I tried them and they work well. I made a video for evaluation:

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-18...728591372&hl=fr

Edited by Vrflyer

Another UK VR flyer here; the 10mW limit on transmitter power won't stop you having lots of fun!

Hi guys thanks for the speedy reply :D

thanks for the links Vrflyer will check them out

Oops i overlooked the videotx power limit :unsure: will have to check that out Is it 10mw max in uk? or in certain areas? if so i will have to build a good rx antenna.

SyCo

Yes 10mW for all of us in the UK. As the band gets more and more busy it gets harder to use :(

Terry

Hi guys went to purchase my easy star today come with motor and prop only-

i also purchased some multiplex nano s servos aswel.

am unsure about brushless motor and ESC tho i have 2500mah 7.4v lipo

want to be used to power cam pan/tilt servos & tx aswel to keep weight down i will have to build regulator. found a packet of lm2940's in my spares box dunno why i had them but glad i did mite be useful :P

any ideas would be appreciated. :D

Thanx

SyCo

Use a separate battery for your camera and video TX. Motor interference is a pain to keep out the picture if you share the motor battery.

Some people are lucky and get away with it but far more don't.

Terry

I'd look at Align ESC's. They are very high quality in my experience. Auto cut off features are nice.. has saved my legs and arms from more serious damage :)

-AT-Terry: I recommend a LM2940-5.0 or LM4940v5. Even an ordinary 7805 will do. The only thing you MUST ensure that the input voltage for the regulator stays above the regulators minimum input value, lets say 6.0V for the low-drop will work for sure.

They tend to get hot, so you might consider a switching regulator in series to provide the required 6Volts to keep it just warm. Have a look at www.dimensionengineering.com. I'm using the "AnyVoltMini" in series with a LM4940v5. Works perfect in all situations with all kinds of batteries and voltages.

Cheers,

Hartwig

Thanks Hartwig but I have tried all that in the past with various results. I think it has a lot to do with the camera used, I'm not sure, but now I just run a small LiPo for the video gear.

Terry