I am thinking about using an Easystar for my 100mW TX, but what is a cheaper alternative? I was thinking about finding some low quality RTF online, but what should I get? I probably want something < $125.

THANKS FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS,

~Mappum

The lowest cost heavy-hauler is the $35 GWS Slowstick. But with R/C gear and batteries, the price will probably be higher than a $125 RTF.

More important than the cost of your plane is what you want to do with it. Given the cost of all your other gear, the ~30 diff between the Slow stick and the easystar is pretty much a non issue. Esp since they are such different planes.

While an easystar isn't generally considered fast, it's much faster than a SS, it is also much easier to fly in wind than the SS. Think of the difference between an ultralight and a small cessna.

If you are doing takeoff/ landing in a housing development, then the SS is probably easier to manage, as it will fly slow enough to miss cars, houses, poles, etc. If you have a field, and want to have a sense of motion and speed in flight, then the easystar is probably a better choice.

Both are pretty easy to fly if you have any experiance. If you are a true beginner, then I recomend spending at least six months flying whatever you are going to be using without the video gear. Then when you crash, it's not as expensive. It takes a while to train your eyes to recognise the plane in the air, and what it is doing, esp with the added distraction of a camera.