Hi, new to the forum and to this whole thing but would like to get involved. I would very much like to contact the guy who put this together:

MAKE magazine article

He links to this site in his end credits. Can anyone help me contact him?

thanks.

Edited by seaswallowme

Hi!

Welcome to this forum.

I guess you’re looking for Vrflyer. He is on this forum. He lives in Canada, so I guess he will see this while you’re sleeping.

Hello seaswallowme!

Yes you are looking for Denis or known as VRFlyer of Montreal Canada. You will find him here or http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/ there as well. The maker of the main feature component in that plane is also here, Kilrah (Andre) of Switzerland. (Kilrah may be still on military leave so he might not respond right away.)

Edited by JMS

It's OK, I'm back home ;)

Just had an ace flying week, marked by... a total absence of FPV flight! Feels good to get back to the good'ole style of flying sometimes too, and also change from all-electric and allow those IC-engined planes back in the air once :lol:

No loads of boxes and cables, goggles, head tracker, PC,...

Just the radio and the planes :P

I also maidened my 2.3m Extra that had been waiting for more than 1 year, and did my first heli flights :)

After 2-3 years of nearly only flying FPV, it does bring back good memories and give a lot of fun too!

Cool thanks guys. So Kilrah, which part of that plane did you make? My background is in video/electronics but not flying or RC. While the principle of this is in itself pretty simple, I can see a heck of a lot of problems would have been overome and fine tunign needed.

The head tracker Vrflyer used in this setup. There's a link in his credits too ;)

Hello,

I am very interested in the rc cam system that was built by VRflyer and Kilray. Can someone please guide me with is involved in putting together someting like this. I am totally new to rc cam and would either like to build something like this or buy a complete package if it is available for a turbine jet. Are there any links that discuss what are the best components and how to build such as system? I am totally clueless.

(714) 342-1040

Thanks,

Rick

Edited by rickj202

Hello,

I am very interested in the rc cam system that was built by VRflyer and Kilray. Can someone please guide me with is involved in putting together someting like this. I am totally new to rc cam and would either like to build something like this or buy a complete package if it is available for a turbine jet. Are there any links that discuss what are the best components and how to build such as system? I am totally clueless.

(714) 342-1040

Thanks,

Rick

You don`t realise I don`t live close to you, I live in CANADA, so forget the phone,,,

Begin by reading info on rc-groups, the link is show above.

If you think fly jet turbine with video goggle, I prefer not be close for the first flight... seriously, it`s harder to fly with goggle than it appear.

I was not planning on flying the jet with the goggles. I thought it would interesting to have someone experience flying as a passenger on the jet.

Rick

It's OK, I'm back home ;)

Just had an ace flying week, marked by... a total absence of FPV flight! Feels good to get back to the good'ole style of flying sometimes too, and also change from all-electric and allow those IC-engined planes back in the air once :lol:

No loads of boxes and cables, goggles, head tracker, PC,...

Just the radio and the planes :P

I also maidened my 2.3m Extra that had been waiting for more than 1 year, and did my first heli flights :)

After 2-3 years of nearly only flying FPV, it does bring back good memories and give a lot of fun too!

Hey Kilrah... great to have you back! :lol::lol::lol:

Well these guys are in good hands now! :D

I was not planning on flying the jet with the goggles. I thought it would interesting to have someone experience flying as a passenger on the jet.

Rick

It was not clear from you message that you did not plan to fly the turbine via goggles. I agree though, that's a disaster waiting to happen.

rickj202:

Yeah I have to agree as well, the message wasn't very clear on whether you were flying a turbine or not. To see & fly your plane standing back, you get to see the whole plane and the back ground thus have lots of time to react. To fly by goggle, your vision eventhough it is through the cockpit, is more tunnel vision. So your reaction time is shorter and everything moves faster. Hey and that's from a slow flying plane! A turbine will freak you out if flying by goggle! ( I would hang back with VRFLyer too in the distance... Hey Starbucks is a covered area right Denis? Mocha lattes on me bud! ;) )

All the info is here in the forums. I came here last year knowing nothing, nadda, zip but I did a lot of reading (first) and it helped ( I now know a tiny bit :) ! You will see how things progressed from the ground up; know a little bit of some of the BIG GUNS here are all about.... (great bunch of guys!!! :D ) Then you will see who's the toy makers here and the brains behind the head tracker (Kilrah & AnthonyRC). Not to mention who made diversity receivers, OSD's.... etc.etc... And THEN one of the father of this hobbie here.... Mr.RC-CAM (god bless the man!) You'll find out how (BIG TIME) advance the man is as well!!! Hmmm I wouldn't be surprized if he's actually making a Telemaster Electro plane with warp drives and cloaking capabilities! :lol:

In the mean time rickj202, welcome to RC-CAM bud :D ! I suggest you grap a cup of java and read up and when you are stuck on something... ask! :D

Edited by JMS

My web site might help with some of the newbie ?s. it's not a forum but may point a new guy/gal in the right direction :) let them know what's involved. www.FPVvideo.com (plug :) )

Edited by Crash9

My web site might help with some of the newbie ?s. it's not a forum but may point a new guy/gal in the right direction :) let them know what's involved. www.FPVvideo.com (plug :) )

Hi Crash9,

Yeah I gotta program your site in my head to inform others about it!!! Thanks for saving the day! :)

Yes, folk I offer FPV 'rides' to as a passenger seem to get far more pleasure/relaxation out of the experience than I do. Piloting with just a rough guess at attitude, speed or altitude is not as fun as it can look on the videos.

Piloting with just a rough guess at attitude, speed or altitude is not as fun as it can look on the videos.

I'd say the opposite personally, videos can't show the fun it is when doing it :)

Yes, folk I offer FPV 'rides' to as a passenger seem to get far more pleasure/relaxation out of the experience than I do. Piloting with just a rough guess at attitude, speed or altitude is not as fun as it can look on the videos.

Thats what OSD chipsets are for hehe