IndiQa

Futaba FASST System Input?

Has anyone here running a 2.4GHz video system used or been running your video systems with one of the new Futaba 6EX 2.4 GHz systems also running?

I'm wondering if there is any and how much interference between the 2 systems. I doubt

the aircraft control systems would be affected due to the transmitter locking system

used by the receiver, but would like to know if any interference in the video/audio has been noticed.

Thanks,

Curt

Edited by IndiQa

The problem with using a 2.4ghz rx on an aircraft with a 2.4ghz tx is that the rx gets flooded with 2.4ghz data that it doesnt want, making it harder to get the stuff it really does need.

That said though, i havent tested it, we dont do much futaba here in aus.

Futaba's new gear isn't available here yet, but it should arrive in a couple of weeks. Might run tests with my LHS to see how it goes, but expectations are low of course.

Yea this is what I feared. Like Mark said lots of 2.4G RF flying around. In real close proximity to other 2.4 equipment. I have no doubt the 2.4 aircraft flight radio system works fine on it's own. It was just what kind of effect the onboard video xmitr would have on the aircraft receiver.

As well as on the ground the effect RC xmitr would have on the video xcvr.

All in all I do like the idea of 2.4 operation for flight control just not if our video systems are there also.

Will wait and see. If somebody does happen to run into someone at the field who has one of the new 2.4 systems.

Try turning your video system on and see if you get interference from it. In all honesty I would expect hash on the screen if nothing else.

Thanks,

Curt

I have been searching for solutions to this problem. I purchased the Futaba 2.4 Ghz FASST Tx/Rx system back in May, and since installing it in my plane, I have had nothing but horizontal lines scrolling thru the video feed. I have the boostervision Mini GearCam. I really enjoy the new radio, but it really does suck that I can't use my camera with it.

I have even tried getting one of the Astak wireless security cameras from Walmart (Identical to the boostervision, except you can select between 4 channels), but I was still getting interference on every channel.

Has anyone seen any solutions to this problem?

Thanks,

Todd

You have your transmitter close to the video receiver, and the latter catches the signal sent by the TX "overlayed" on the video feed. Totally normal. Maybe try putting the receiver further away.

Then, you're lucky if you haven't had problems yet, but using a 2.4GHz on a plane equipped with a 2.4GHz receiver usually results in severe range reduction and high loss of control risk.

The usual rule is, do NOT mix R/C and video in the same band.

Hi guys,

daniel wee was doing FPV flight when I turn on my 2.4Ghz Futaba Fasst Tx last week.

I was probably 3 - 5 meter away from him when this happens and he reported that he saw interference on his video google. I had to shut off my FASST Tx.

I did not have the opportunity to look thru his google at that point in time. But I guess that he is probably seeing some horizontal lines/bands. It is the same type of interference that u get from your home WLAN.

The Futaba fasst does frequency hopping and it is probable that one of Fasst's frequency is very close to the one on use by Daniel's video system.

I am not sure if other 2.4GHz radio (e.g., spectrum extremelink) will have this issue.

Rgds,

fuhan

Hi everyone. This is my first post here.

I have 2.4 Ghz XPS (Extremepowersystems) Tx and Rx on my AP heli. I assumed a 1.2 Ghz video transmitter band would not affect the radio. Well, I'd like to say it was a total failure. Refer here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread....687#post8741875

It was less the video quality that was affected compared to the XPS system (radio lock out).

No cheers. :(

Pretty predictable. 1.2 * 2 = 2.4, so your video transmitter's second harmonic is right in the R/C frequency. When you know that some cheap transmitters send nearly as much power on the first harmonics than on the intended frequency...

If you can't find anything light weight then you will need access to some good test gear to make your own. Maybe Thomas S can help as he builds stuff like this all the time, what do you think Thomas ?

Terry