Sign in to follow this  
zeldorf

Airwave PCB layout

Hi all,

I use Eagle for designing my PCBs, and was wondering if anyone out there had a library file for an airwave TX/RX or anything like that to save me knocking one up from scratch?

On a side note, can anyone suggest an alternative to Eagle? The maximum board size limitation really gets on my nerves, but I really like the interface!

Thanks,

Si

Hi,

as far as I can tell - and I searched in several programs - the modules are not in any library.

I personally used PCB123 to design the PCB for the airwave models:PCB123

This is simple enough, and intuitive enough. It does not have any of the complex autoroute functions as Eagle, you have to make the connections manually, but it is free, there is no board size limitation and you can add custom pads.

The manual (online pdf) of the airwave modules have exact measurements and based on that it will be easy to design the boards - it took me a few tries to get it right though....

In the options you can go and change the space between the dots - get it down to 0.635mm and it will be easier then.

I hope this helps.

Ox.

Edited by oxxyfx

Thanks Ox,

I tried PCB123 a while ago and didn't like it for some reason I can't remeber now. Maybe its time to give it another look.

With Eagle (as far as I know) if you want to use a component that's not in the standard libraries then you have to define your own. You can't just place pads and tracks as you like, they have to match the schematic. (Again, I could be wrong but that's my experience).

As Eagle seems to be a popular tool I just wondered if anyone had made a library file already. As you pointed out the datasheet has great info for knocking one up, I just hate doing it as it takes ages, and I don't have a printer at home to do a physical check.

Thanks,

Si