I wonder what program that some of you guys are using with your Pocket PC´s to decode telemetry data ( speed, batteries, gyro, acelerometers,....etc) on RS232 port or audio cards (laptop),...i´m in the middle of my project and still looking for the best solution (if there is one ???) :rolleyes:

thanks in advance

Gil

LabView is pretty amazing software. Very easy to setup complicated systems and have them work. Also MATlab with Simulink is good code busting software, but I'm not sure if you can integrate the video into it.

I have made a sort of garmin glass cockpit for my uav project. It is based on glut¦es (opengl¦es). It looks good and runs quite fast considering the processing power of a pda.

I am not sure I want to distribute it but I might help you with your project if you wish.

post-8-1179853977_thumb.jpg

:o Marzer, thats a nice and helpfull tool you´ve got there,....., tell me,....., do you get the data from onboad sensors (gyros, accelerometers, etc),.....or do you get it from the local controls,......, if you get that from the sensors,....are you sending the data by bidirectional modems ( maxstream, etc) or unidirectional,....., what is the speed (Kbps) in order for you to get the best results .

Can you add more features on the PDA screen, like Rpm´s, battery voltage, GPS data, etc ?

best regards

Gil

Edited by Gil

The sensors are : gps, IR sensor (like the copilote stuff), altimeter, and the voltage control. I have a 1200 bauds downlink (homemade modem). If this is enough to get a good idea of what the autopilot is doing, I would recommend a faster downlink to fly fpv. I am adding features every week. The last thing I did is was to add some speech synthesis alarms. The next step is a small map somewhere on the screen.

It is a project that doesn't require much programming skills. Once glut¦es is working and the telemetry decoder is written, it is a lot of fun to program the instruments. It is a time consumming fun though!

Keep the good work and let us know your improvments on your system ! :D

Gil