Noticed some people are now using the 634 airwave RX, I have been using a 623 RX with a 612 500mw tx.

Any Idea if the 634 is a better RX?

Will It work with my 612 TX?

Is there a good place to buy in the US?

I know about Active Robotics, but the delivery is expensive

Thanks

Ken

Any Idea if the 634 is a better RX?

The AWM634 has a very friendly pin spacing (versus the AM623's fine pitch pins), but it does not have RSSI. Other than that, I think it offers similar performance. But given the 634 is quite new, it may have more recent technology in it. So, maybe it is "better?"

Will It work with my 612 TX?

Yes, it will work with any of the Airwave Tx's.

Is there a good place to buy in the US? I know about Active Robotics, but the delivery is expensive

If you are located in the USA and need one, then PM me and we can arrange something.

I find the 634 is much better quality on the downlink than the 623. 623 is also a pain in the ass to solder, but does have RSSI which is quite nice.

The pins on the 634 can be pulled out of the board too so you can solder directly onto the board without having pins jabbing out everywhere :)

634-rx-sma013.jpg

see here is mine 634 rx with the pins soldered out, and SMA added directly to it,

also note the channel switch it soldered directly on it.

the capacitors could have been SMD and much smaller, but I was in a hurry :-)

Thomas, your caps are a lower farad rating than called for in the specs, do you find that there is any neg effect?

Also, Isn't this a 4ch rx? is the 4th ch selected when none of the chanel switches are selected?

Thanks

Ken