soulweave

Question about 1000mw systems

Hi guys, I saw Kilrah's and Denis' videos on youtube and i want to get in fpv flying. I think i've read somewhere that 1000mw systems could cause interference or something with the airplane's receiver ? What kind of setup would you guys recommend ? I was looking at futurehobbies.com RE Pro: 1000mw - 12v System w/ Diversity Receiver, anyone have any experience with that system ? I've sent a couple emails to futures hobbies but still no answers (been a week) has any of you guys dealt with them?

Sorry for all the questions I dont want to buy something that I shouldnt have.

Thanks alot,

Sebastien

yeah i have the 1000 mw tx from future hobbies and other stuff. the guy thatresponds to your email will be wade hirsch. a hecka of guy will answer any questions . if hes not answering he might be on vacation or something . and about the interference my first test fight with the tx i didnt notice any problems just mke sure you do a proper range check before each flight . and what some of the most experienced fliers here will tell you is that to stick with a 500-600 mw systm nless you are goin to be goin more than a mile away .

I use a system from BW with 3000mW. I've never experienced any problems with my Futaba and Simprop remote controls.

The setup has been tested up to ca 4000m (between two mountain tops) without any snag.

Need I say that video link is great even at that distance :P

Hi guys, I saw Kilrah's and Denis' videos on youtube and i want to get in fpv flying. I think i've read somewhere that 1000mw systems could cause interference or something with the airplane's receiver ? What kind of setup would you guys recommend ? I was looking at futurehobbies.com RE Pro: 1000mw - 12v System w/ Diversity Receiver, anyone have any experience with that system ? I've sent a couple emails to futures hobbies but still no answers (been a week) has any of you guys dealt with them?

Sorry for all the questions I dont want to buy something that I shouldnt have.

Thanks alot,

Sebastien

SoulWeave: I have two planes with 1000 milliwatt 12vdc TX's and two 520 line CCD cameras. Also the Diversity RX with two 12 DBI Patch antennas. All From Future Hobbies. Excellent! If you want, I will contact him and ask If I can give out his business email address to you. The range is excellent I have flown over 1.5 miles with clean video! :)

I use a system from BW with 3000mW. I've never experienced any problems with my Futaba and Simprop remote controls.

The setup has been tested up to ca 4000m (between two mountain tops) without any snag.

Need I say that video link is great even at that distance :P

cfe 7: would like to see that TX and where to buy? Can you post pics of that?

My planes with video are on the 72 MHZ band for control. I will not use the Futaba FAST nor the spectrum DX 7. Too close to each other on the 2.4 band. Even though the control radios are on spread spectrum, I have heard that can cross modulate ( bleed over).

I really dont see the point in 1W of tx power... 500mW will get your 3-4 miles no problems. 500mW is a huge overkill as well.

I was getting range dropouts with 10mw at 1500 feet.

I ordered from Future Hobbies on 5/31/2007 what looked to be IN STOCK items (what I ordered did not say Back orderd until approx. TBD, I was careful). I did not get the order by 6/5/2007 so I E-Mailed and got a reply saying the stuff I ordered was out of stock and that they Missed some Cutoff (or something like that). Customer service was not doing very well by 6/7/2007 so I canceled the order. For some reason Hirsch wanted me to send him a Fax of my credit card information which I strongly declined to do. I told him that if HE or the business could not return my money, I would get it back through my Credit card company. I then got a "All done, Sorry for the trouble." and since then I have checked my statement and I have the refund. He indicated in E-Mails that the parts may be in Monday, he just didn't say WHICH Monday. I just wanted the refund and cancel the order at that point.

Future Hobbies may be ok to deal with as long as you don't care how long it takes to get your order. From the time I order something, I watch the delivery as close as possible (I'm used to orders from Tower Hobbies, they give me GOOD service).

:angry:

I was NOT happy with MY order to Future Hobbies.

I was getting range dropouts with 10mw at 1500 feet.

I ordered from Future Hobbies on 5/31/2007 what looked to be IN STOCK items (what I ordered did not say Back orderd until approx. TBD, I was careful). I did not get the order by 6/5/2007 so I E-Mailed and got a reply saying the stuff I ordered was out of stock and that they Missed some Cutoff (or something like that). Customer service was not doing very well by 6/7/2007 so I canceled the order. For some reason Hirsch wanted me to send him a Fax of my credit card information which I strongly declined to do. I told him that if HE or the business could not return my money, I would get it back through my Credit card company.  I then got a "All done, Sorry for  the trouble." and since then I have checked my statement and I have the refund. He indicated in E-Mails that the parts may be in Monday, he just didn't say WHICH Monday. I just wanted the refund and cancel the order at that point.

Future Hobbies may be ok to deal with as long as you don't care how long it takes to get your order. From the time I order something, I watch the delivery as close as possible (I'm used to orders from Tower Hobbies, they give me GOOD service).

I was NOT happy with MY order to Future Hobbies.

I think I bought the same system as you. I bought the system on Special for $175 with some other stuff. It´s a 200mw 12volts system.

About the fax, yes he asked me about sending him a fax of my card, but I thought that was normal since my card is international. Some other web retailors in the past has done it. I send him the fax but was too dark, lol so I called him and dictated the numbers.

One thing, he told me ran out of cameras so he send me a Sony. Maybe that´s the reason why you were not able to get the equipment on time.

Edited by Capt. Camping(PANAMA)

I really dont see the point in 1W of tx power... 500mW will get your 3-4 miles no problems. 500mW is a huge overkill as well.

at the web of intelligentflight osd they think you can get just 1,2 km and 1 mile are 1,609 km, so you said that you can get 3 or 4 miles (5km or more) and they say no more than 1,2 km, soo who is wrong?

http://www.intelligentflight.com.au/soluti...n_wireless.aspx

Airwave AWM633 Transmitter

• 2.4GHz frequency

• 4 channels

• 450 milliwatt RF power (tested)

• 1200+ metres outdoor range* <------------------

• High bandwidth stereo audio

• Compact size

• Highly efficient FM-FM modulation/demodulation scheme

• Compatible with both NTSC and PAL video formats

if you keep reading that page, you'll get more information....

* Range is with standard dipole antennas in ideal situation. i.e. no interference sources, low humidity, perfectly open space with line of sight to model. 

Most people don't use dipole antennas, and a patch will give you alot more range.

we dont give people fake promises that dont work, that is why,

it is better to say a lower range value and then later make people happy.

some users know how to uptimize antenna locations, placement, angles,

directionals and so on, those people can get 5-10 km range,

while others with 1/4 wave whips will get 1.2km before they have too much noise to proceed.

the + after 1200 meters is to indicate it is possible to get more if you are lucky or smart :-)

The theoretical maximum for a 450mW rf device with a 3dbi whip, 1dbi of connector loss, and a -85dbi rx with 8dbi circular polarised patch with 1dbi cable loss, 1dbi connector loss, in 0 humidity, perfect line of sight, no adverse atmospheric conditions... is about 7.2km. Your not going to get this however....

I think I bought the same system as you. I bought the system on Special for $175 with some other stuff. It´s a 200mw 12volts system.

About the fax, yes he asked me about sending him a fax of my card, but I thought that was normal since my card is international. Some other web retailors in the past has done it. I send him the fax but was too dark, lol so I called him and dictated the numbers.

One thing, he told me ran out of cameras so he send me a Sony. Maybe that´s the reason why you were not able to get the equipment on time.

Thats not the system I ordered and I didn't order a camera.

No, that is a double biquad.

double_nearly.jpg

Interesting - what does the polar plot for that look like?? Could it be useful as a video TX antenna,?? as I guess you may get another ball of feild radiating away from the plate /zigzag element side??