Sign in to follow this  
Wavess

Berg receiver Users

You mean the post from Castle? My experience with R/C Rx's that use a reasonable front end design is that practical range is proportional to the antenna length (up to about 1/2 wavelength or so). So, their statement is plausible.

You mean the post from Castle? My experience with R/C Rx's that use a reasonable front end design is that practical range is proportional to the antenna length (up to about 1/2 wavelength or so). So, their statement is plausible.

Yes I meant that, it´s kind of unbelievable though, you double the lenght and range doubles :huh:

Edited by Wavess

The results can vary. Your range might not double, but it should increase. For sure, it's not effective if your increased length isn't straight end to end (no folding back, coiling, etc.). The real trick is placing a larger antenna on a small model.

Keep in mind that some R/C receivers will behave poorly if the antenna impedance is too far off base. Also, range may suffer if the longer antenna is routed close to noise sources. Plus, it may be necessary to trim the increased length to find the sweet spot. To validate the concept: Perform a ground range test with the stock Rx antenna. Then increase it's size a few inches at a time and repeat the range test.

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam