Sign in to follow this  
dschmid37

Top RC-Gun AWS

Mr. RC Cam

Do you still have any plug-n-play versions left? I bought two of these a year or so ago but couldn't talk any of my fellow club members into putting one on their plane. Finally a new member, Ben, bought 2 from you and we've been having so much fun, other club members are interested in buying them.

We would be interested in 4 or 5 of them (our club is very small) so I'm hoping you have that many lying around.

Thank you in advance.

Dan

Dan, I do have more. Just send me a PM (via the forum) and we can arrange things.

Mr. RC-Cam

Several club members and I have been having a blast with the hobby zone combat module. We had discussions about how great it would be to be able to adapt it to other than hobby zone planes. Needless to say I am thrilled to find this has been done. While I have an interest in PIC micro controllers, I have never programmed one, nor, do I have the equipment to do so. Right now I am more interested in the aws top rc-gun. If I can also get several plug and play versions I would be greatful. If the whole device is not available I would be interested in the pre-programmed PIC. I think I would have no trouble building the rest of the circuit.

By the way, what a great website.

Thanks Tom, payment has been sent via paypal for two top rc-gun aws's. Thanks for the quick response. If you get them in the mail before you go away that would be great, if not, no problem.

Do you know if anyone ever tried the SCM and top rc-gun with a nitro model? I was wondering if the noise of the glow engine would interfere with the operation of the combat module. Reduced range or whatever.

Edited by avator

Do you know if anyone ever tried the SCM and top rc-gun with a nitro model? I was wondering if the noise of the glow engine would interfere with the operation of the combat module. Reduced range or whatever.

I don't recall any nitro users. Generally speaking, I think the little park e-flyers are the intended use for the SCM.

I know this is waaaay late, cause I havn't been here in a while, but I have the Great Planes 1/12th scale Combat Corsair with this unit on it.

I'm running an OS. La .25 and it is fantastic!!! To here that glow engine sputtering is cool beyond belief. The .25La is kind of weak for my plane because I added landing gear to it which made it alot heavier, so I'm kind of nervous using it for combat. I usually revert to my Stryker for this type of fun. It worked fine though with the glow engine!

Dan

Have there been any updates to the TopGun AWS?

I'm interested in a solution that I can use for the PZ Corsair for use the Specktrum AR6200 RX.