JMS

NATO concerned that FPV is dangerous!

Ok I know this is a sensitive subject but I just came across this article which I can not turn a blind eye to. BTW I am not surprised that sooner or later some government authority would start looking at us. NATO now concerned that our hobby is a threat to public safety. :angry:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Radio_Cont...ficial_999.html

That's nothing new, it has been talked of for a few years now. The technology is there, WE are not the problem. If someone wants to do harm they will find a way, our hobby is not responible for THEIR actions.

Terry

UAVs, not FPV. They won't give a **** about you flying your plane around you at 1km range. Of course they're not that happy about autonomous long range stuff, but that's pretty much to be expected.

One item in a long list. Anyway, as long as they have money people will always be able to misuse anything. Read the example they give at the end of the article...

Yeah I read the last part of the article. I just hope they don't pick on us Kilrah. I'm sick of government BS, I've seen and tasted my share of it... believe ME!!!

Just what do they expect to do? Ban GPS devices? Make balsawood and plastic illegal? How about electric motors or small propellers?

This kind of technology has been available for a while, and have The Terrorists used it? No. Why bother when there are plenty of simpler and more reliable methods to get the job done, and plenty of willing voluteers to help.

This kind of knee jerk politics responding to whatever appears in the meda winds me up no end. Someone needs to be hit with a clue stick.

Rant over :P

Si.

This is why i'm so very glad that i'm in australia. We might be an over-regulated society, but at least our regulations make sense.