Sign in to follow this  
Dave Jones

More double standards fron the AMA

Guys please take a look at AUVSI's web site look under events and then click on 2nd Annual AUVSI Student UAV

or try this URL auvsi-seafarer.org/scompete2/default.htm

Then look over on the left side of the screen, 5th from the top as to what origination is listed as one of the sponsors.

If that is not a double standard then I do not know what is!

Dave Jones

Edited by Dave Jones

It's only a link. They do not actually say they are a sponsor. At least I don't see where it says that.

The sponsors are:

Northrop, Micropilot, BAI, APL

I found on page 168 of the Feb 2004 Model Aviation a couple pictures of UAV trainer airplanes that are being placed in the AMA Museum. I understand these are smaller trainer aircraft used to train pilots for "full scale" UAVs but the AMA has sent out too many conflicting messages on UAVs to make me happy with their leadership skills.

Also I need some help or rather Dave Brown needs some help with his compositional skills. He danced all around some subject in his President's Perspective article in Feb 2004 Model Aviation. I have yet to pinpoint exactly who/what he was talking about though. I think he must have forgotten what he was writing about while he was busy dancing around the subject trying to tick people off.

Was it for the turbine/jet pilots?? UAV pilots?? I cannot figure it out.

I am making the assumption that it has to do with turbines as he is talking about SIGs which currently there isn't one for UAVs in the AMA, and was also talking about greater fire risks.

Anybody have a clue??

Thanks much,

Matt Klarich