wilson

WWW.HOBBYWIRELESS.COM

Hello everyone,

I just want to announce in a proper way that we have lunched a www.Hobbywireless.com

Our main goal, it's not only provide wireless video systems, but the right video systems, because we use them, and we are always looking for a better way to improve it, and make very simple in order to anyone be able use it.

As a customer I appreciate a honest and trustworthy customer support. Based on those principles we are working to serve our community with the best.

We want to say thank you to those who have visited our store, and a special thanks to those who already became one of our customers.

Everyone else is more than welcome to check out our store.

Our Best Regards:

Wilson-Hobbywireless

Edited by wilson

Good luck, and if you get big never forget your customers.

Hola wavess,

The customers are the ones that keep us in business, for they will never be forgotten.

Thanks for the support.

Take Care

Edited by wilson

Maybe you saying right now, Riiiiiiiight... but it's true. Just to give you a idea, you can not buy a big quantity KX-131 today for less than $76.00 USD + shipping, and I sell them for $84.00 USD.

Wow.. you get ripped off. I get them for less than $70.

I got mine here:

http://www.blackwidowav.com/productcameras.html

139 $ !! is that rip off or not ?

well at the time I got it I was happy, it worked nice,

and I did not know at that time anywhere else I could get them cheaper.

well now I know more, and can save more, who cares it is only money.

I got mine here:

Well, as a consumer I can say, the lower the price the better, not doubt about it.

If you guys need anything, drop me a line. B)

Edited by wilson

I got mine here:

No.

He was the first to offer them already more than 2 years ago.

Of course now FPV has become more known there are other places selling them cheaper, BUT, that gets me into another point:

Other wise how people would keep their business running.

I am glad I don't make a living out of HobbyWireless, I have other things that I do for living.

But not everyone out there is in the same situation.

As I already said, I just do it because I love it, it's a kind of hobby for the hobby smile.gif

As you just said, you're glad you don't have to make a living out of it. But then, what about those who do?

It's not what brings you money at the end of the month, so you can cut prices and make small margins on what you sell. That means you're just "stealing" customers from the other businesses who need higher margins and prices to be able to run and live from it. And mind you, those who try living from it also do it "as a hobby" (read, because they love it), and simply try to add a little more and conceal work with hobby.

Bill from BlackWidowAV is one of them, he was pretty active in the past around here and was sharing a lot of details about his flying activites too.

So, I'm aware of it and when I need isolated parts I'll prefer getting them from him even if they're a bit more expensive. I know well enough what all that goes about.

Well, everyone has a different ways to run their business.

We think, sell more for less is a business concept, also many people will be able to afford a wireless system and have the privilege to experience this new and beautiful way of R/C flight, which before not many people could afford.

I never go to the forums saying that you are ripping your customers with your prices !!!, what you are doing for sure is a very wierd and bad way to protect your business.

Cheers,

Wilson-Hobby Wireless Team

Edited by wilson

Hey, calm down.!

I wasn't particularly against you and never said you copied anything, I was just pointing a fact I actually just used another example to explain in a PM, take this one if the other comparison was too close to be misinterpreted:

I was following similar discussions in totally different markets, like photography. Nowadays as everyone has a digital camera, people shoot loads of photos. Now, if someone asks an amateur for one of his photos, he'll most likely give it for free as he did it for fun anyway, and will be all too proud of having his photo published somewhere, being enough of a reward for him.

But then, what about the professional photographer who needs to sell shots to live? The guy would never think about that... I've been talking to some, who were saying how hard is was becoming for them. They'd prefer amateurs making people pay for their shots, that would at least make them closer.

That's just the point I'm bringing. Doing business "as a hobby only" doesn't profit to everyone, that's it.

Edited by Kilrah

Hey guys, it's just the way the world is !

Kilrah's choice of word "stealing" may not of been the best but I know what he means. I ran a model shop for a few years and we survived on selling fuel and balsa wood, tyres for racing and glue !

I had to let the shop go in the end because the local clubs started saucing supplies themselves. The flying club got their fuel and balsa direct from the manufacturer and the racing club got their tyres. We were left to just pick up the leftovers, they would come in for advice or to replace a broken prop or blown glow plug only. We could not compete

with the big shops mail order on the big items so we had to close. I too felt that these guys were "stealing" our bussiness.

I would not go back to it now for anything even though I used to love it.

The internet had killed a lot of small bussinesses but we can NOT stop it, life is changing. Only this month I heard "Wing's and Wheels" model shop had closed after 20 odd years due to the internet traders, and another is said to be close to closing.

The funny thing is I still here the club members moaning that they can't get all the little bits and bobs of modeling anymore. They don't seem to understand it was them who killed the shop that kept this stuff even though there was no profit in it, just as a service to them.

So, if you want to keep a supplier then support him by using him, even if you have to pay a bit more. If you just get everything from the cheapest supplier then you will limit your choice in the future.

Terry

Edited by Terry

Terry I trully feel sorry about your business, I have been there once, and I have two friends that just closed their local hobby shops within the last 3 years!!!

I know exacly what it is.

Kilrah, Well we are not giving our products away!!!

We are just following the market price.

Welcome to today's market !!!

Edited by wilson

I started this topic, just announce Hobbywireless a new FPV online store, not to discuss business prospects.

Let's keep this forum nice and friendly.

Edited by wilson

This forum is provided to vendors so that they can post a link to their web site (and perhaps to mention a product). Please continue the off-top discussion in private emails to the vendor.

This forum is provided to vendors so that they can post a link to their web site (and perhaps to mention a product). Please continue the off-top discussion in private emails to the vendor.

Indeed !!!

We are sorry for any kind of disappointment associated to any of the comments have caused to the members or guests of this forum.

We want to keep our integrity, and keep the good relations with the other vendors in order to continue to serve better our community with our best.

Our best regards to everyone:

Hobbywireless-team

Edited by wilson

Good video, you´re one of the few fpv flyer that tries an acrobatic one. Did you find it hard to control it?

Good video, you´re one of the few fpv flyer that tries an acrobatic one. Did you find it hard to control it?

Hey Wavess it's nice to see you around :)

Thanks for the complements.

To tell the truth it was not hard to do at all, maybe because I want to do it so bad, that made it easier, some manuevers are more beautiful to be seen from the ground, just few manuevers are nice from inside of plane,like the flat spin.

But let me tell you one thing. It's an awesome experience, but watch for three big things.

- One is your altitude, the second is your position (to know where home is, to bring your plane back) and the third is: Do not eat too much before you go fly aerobatics!!! :D

I did not get sick, but a friend of mine just got sick :blink: watching the video at home. <_<

Anyhow make yourself ready and go do it.

Saludos desde el otro lado del charco !!!

so is Hobby Wireless still a valid vendor? I have tried to get a response from them three times now and nothing. anyone know if they are still functioning?

I even placed an order from them and had to cancel it cause the site did not work....

?????

I am new to the FPV thing. I have bought a set of ICUITI VR 920's that I plan to use for my FPV.... and had wanted to buy a 500mw system from the guys last week..... still hoping they are around.

so is Hobby Wireless still a valid vendor? I have tried to get a response from them three times now and nothing. anyone know if they are still functioning?

I even placed an order from them and had to cancel it cause the site did not work....

?????

I am new to the FPV thing. I have bought a set of ICUITI VR 920's that I plan to use for my FPV.... and had wanted to buy a 500mw system from the guys last week..... still hoping they are around.

We apologize for this inconvenience, we were experiencing problems with our e-mail module, few people tried to reach us through the site and it did not work for weeks, we worked hard on that issue.

Now we have a new site, totally redesigned, Hobbywireless now has more FPV R/C looking, and user friendly modules, check it out www.HobbyWireless.com

Cheers, :)

Wilson-Hobby Wireless Team