Sign in to follow this  
Vrflyer

Felsweb receiver RX610

I buyed two receivers from Felsweb 5-6 years ago, model RX610 (photo shown). Recently I read on the forum that some models of receiver have less sensivity than others. Can someone tell me if my receiver is good or not. I did not see any inscription on case.

post-5-1179023708_thumb.jpg

I don't know of an easy way to tell, a side by side test is the only sure way I know of.

Terry

Isnt that just an airwave 610?

Airwaves 610 is a transmitter, mine is a receiver.

Perhaps someone will recognize it because of the two caps, it's probably an Airwaves modules, but I don't know the model.

It's an early Airwave AWM625RX (the two ceramic filters are not visible on the current version). EDIT: Or, it could be a AWM623RX.

Generally speaking, the AWM625RX is a good Rx (has -85dBm sensitivity like everybody else). Because it is a bare OEM module, performance can be affected by the installation.

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam

One day a similar Flesweb (Airwave) receiver showed significant drop in the sensitivity while I was flying FPV. It happened after my buddy at the field touched the receiver antenna. I suspect he sent an electric discharge through antenna. I guess the receivers are not well protected from static shock and this may damage front stage on the receiver and reduce its sensitivity. There is no easy way to say if it's good or bad but only do the sensitivity test.

That is one reason I used centre earthed patches on my 4 way diversity system.

Terry