Sign in to follow this  
Mr.RC-Cam

Anyone Here Building the Open Source Quadrocopter?

Mr.RC-Cam    120
On 6/21/2012 at 9:13 AM, Mr.RC-Cam said:

Just thought I would bring this old (circa 2007) topic back into the light of day. Mainly because its now 2012 and all the issues that prevented guys like me from owning a fantastic flying Quadcopter are history. We now have an endless variety of IMU's, frame parts, and useful accessories for these things. And the prices are as cheap as dirt.

It was a long time to get to this point, but man it was worth the wait. Can't wait to see what we are flying in the next 5 years.

Ok, it's now 2017 and another five years has passed since the last post. And 10 years since this discussion began. Time to reflect on how things have progressed.

What can I say; So much has changed since we began talking about multirotors. Even the little things are different -- Back then calling them "drones" was a insult to most R/C hobbyists. And to add a twist to that, Drone Racing is now the official name of a professional sport that's broadcast by ESPN.

Reflecting back on the progress / evolution of multirotors can all be summed up in one word: Amazing.