poldim

Pressure Sensor Based Altimeter Circuit

Well both realy ;o)

:) the scp1000 pressure & temp sensor is part of a telemetry package i'm working on. it's spi and very easy to use but has one idiosyncracy: it ain't spi-compliant. it will work if it's the only component on the spi bus, but if you add other items, it won't work. ymmv. (there is a revision in development that i suspect will fix this.) i ended up faking spi with three lines of port d of a atmega168. works great. i still need to get my setup aloft (will be adding the transceivers next week), but the temp and pressure readings all appear accurate.

The good point is that SPI is the easiest of those serial busses to emulate by software ;)

I've already had the chance to use such stupid components. SPI bus, but with no Chip Select line, so they'll always be active and won't allow sharing... ironically they were also pressure sensors.

I've actually ordered that same thingy 2 days ago :)

I've already had the chance to use such stupid components. SPI bus, but with no Chip Select line...

the weird thing is the scp does have chip select; it just doesn't let go of the bus. at least that how it appeared. i was able to get it to work with a 3axis accel, but it wouldn't work with my 3axis mag. the accel and mag would work fine together, but if i throw in the scp, things went to krap.

the scp has some special configuration to would let go of miso (shouldn't chip select do this :angry:), but i and others couldn't get it to work. again, ymmv.

Edited by 4mla1fn