Sign in to follow this  
steveru

CamMan-XP updated components?

I'd like to make a CamMan-XP controller but I'm having problems buying the components as they appear to be obsolete.

I've managed to buy on eBay a PIC12F629-I/P which I hope will work even though it's not the E/P version. (Temperature difference?)

The nearest I can get to the voltage regulator is a LM2940CT 1A Low Dropout Regulator which again I hope is adequate.

But the biggest problem is the PS2501-1 Opto IC appears to be obsolete. Is there an alternative to this? e.g. SFH618-2

Buying from Digi-Key is not a realistic option due to the shipping cost to England so I need to buy from Maplin or RS.

Kind regards,

Steve

UK

I'm having problems buying the components as they appear to be obsolete.

The parts you mentioned aren't obsolete. But perhaps your vendor does not stock them or uses a slightly different part number. In some cases the new environmental RoHS directive has muddied the waters.

I've managed to buy on eBay a PIC12F629-I/P which I hope will work even though it's not the E/P version. (Temperature difference?)

Any of the PIC12F629 series will work.

The nearest I can get to the voltage regulator is a LM2940CT 1A Low Dropout Regulator which again I hope is adequate.

The LM2940CT-5.0 is fine to use.

But the biggest problem is the PS2501-1 Opto IC appears to be obsolete. Is there an alternative to this? e.g. SFH618-2

The SFH618 series looks fine to me.

Buying from Digi-Key is not a realistic option due to the shipping cost to England so I need to buy from Maplin or RS.

I usually specify Digikey and Mouser parts. Not only are they friendly to hobbyists, but they also provide detailed online data sheets. Easy access to the product specs makes finding the parts (or suitable subs) elsewhere much easier.