Hi All,

This is my first post :) I would like to get a set of goggles to fly with, however, my budget is not very big. Can anyone comment on these goggles?

1) I-Theater 320x240 $249

http://www.i-glassesstore.com/i-theater.html

2) Future Hobbies FH-545BK 640x480 $299

http://www.futurehobbies.com/items_detail....p?id=16&item=82

More importantly, can anyone suggest a better set in this price range? Initially I thought I was only going to be looking at low res like in (1), but then someone on this site mentioned the ones from Future Hobbies (2), and that is getting better resolution... Any others out there?

Thanks,

Rob

I can only comment on the I-Theater glasses. I bought a pair on Ebay for $180 shipped. I was originally going to buy the ones from future hobbies but after trying the I-Theater glasses I'm completely satisfied with them.

Hi mal75,

So you think that the low res goggles will do. That is good news for me.$180 is even better. Did the seller on ebay have an EBay Store?

thanks,

rob

mal75,

Seems as though they have changed the I-Theatre goggles since I last looked, with the I-Theater XT, although I doubt they changed the display components much:

http://www.i-glassesstore.com/i-theaterxt.html

Are these the glasses you bought on EBay?

Anyone got anymore to add on whether you need VGA or will QVGA do?

cheers,

rob

I have the other I Theater glasses. I haven't seen the xt models before. As for as the Ebay seller his name is medichoice. I looked through his feedback history and noticed that he has sold several pair of the glasses for $159.

I bought the the i Theater HR for 349.00 and they do not work very good with the Rx that I have. the Rx and my video camcorder work just fine and the i Theater goggles work just fine with my vcr and dvd devices.

I am still trying to find out why.

What do you exactly mean by saying "not very good"?

Is brightness, contrast or color a problem? Or sync problems during dropouts and a black screen?

I can only tell you about what i have and cannot compare to other models.

I have the i Theater HR These are high Res and work with i pod and such.

The color over all is dark and is off on the blue side. contrast is too harsh with out good borders.

Not sure what is causing the problem but I think it must be with a mis match between Goggles and Rx Sorry I do not know who made the Rx.

But Rx works with Camcorder just fine.

I am working on this problem and will know soon where the mis match is.

3rflying,

That is interesting :huh: I wonder if anyone else has the I-Theater HR with the same problem?

mal75 says that he is completely satisfied with QVGA resolution. Anyone else out there think the same? Or is it worth paying double for VGA resolution?

cheers

rob

Edited by robmitch

The ones I have are high resolution The problem is there is no brightness or contrast adjustment.

I know some others that have this feature.

As I said before the ones I have work great on an Ipod or DVD player. They just suck on the video out put of the down link receiver But the camcorder works just fine on the down link receiver.

Tomorrow I make a call to i Thearter

Check FPV. Quite a few cheap QVGA models have a ridiculously narrow FOV, you see a small square in the middle of nothing.

32 deg an over is good. But I fly 6 years with 28 deg with my old I-Glasses, it's feasible. This year with 32 deg it's far better. My I-Glasses was the first generation and are not comparable with all the models sell by I-Glasses after that, thay not use the same lcd I think. Mine cost $600 (3D) six years ago.

P.S. I doubt about the 35 deg spec. of the FH545BK, the picture is the same size as my FH520 when I compared them. Now I don't know what I have 32deg or 35 deg. Dawn all these spec are not reliable. The problem come from the manufacturer, in the spec sheet I received with my FH545, it was write 80inc at 1M, 35 deg FOV. Sit at one meter from a 80 inc tv... it's ridiculous when we think about it, the picture will be giant far to be the same I see in the goggle.

I have seen smaller TV sets at 2M that have bigger image than 80 inch goggles clams at 1 m. It looks more like 24 inch TV at 6 feet to me But this is good enough to fly with.

Oh :o Is the goggles experience better than 24 inch TV at 6 feet? I have never used any goggles, maybe I have my expectations too high?