Daniel Wee

First few flights - test run FPV

I agree, it's gonna be real hard to spot anything at video resolutions. Even my car looks quite small and ill-defined from a few hundred feet up. But then again, stranger things have happened and I wish you the best on the recovery of your plane JMS!

Had another flight today and had my wife wear the goggles as a passenger. The video is working so very well now, in all kinds of light conditions - I'm really happy with it.

Daniel

you are impressive !!

Geeesshhh I agree with you Thomas, Kilrah is impressive!!!! :o Well that is why we have these forums!

Well I made my porta-cam on a stick anyways, not a big deal really but will have fun with it on my buddy's plane. Then move it to another plane afterward.

>Kilray

Wow, you know how to do stuff ;)

>JMS

Cool you try it, well it wort a shot at least,

when viewing things from different angles, things can happen..

LoopForEver

Updated Video

Okay, I finally managed to get some video going of my adjusted configuration. As you can see, the video has no tearing whatsoever and the only interruptions in the video was when I was flying directly over my receiver (whip antenna). As usual the quality of the compression really takes a lot out of the original video. This is the 1/3-inch CCD camera. I think I'll have to test the 1/4-inch CCD and see if there's any improvement there.

FPV Test 3 (no video tearing)

I should add a note that the horizontal greenish lines are apparently due to some incompatibility with my Panasonic video camera which I was using to record the feed. On the goggles there is no trace of those ugly lines.

Daniel

Edited by Daniel Wee

Glad to see NO MORE TEARS! :D So what time of day were you flying? The clouds were really washed out, like some of my videos . But I flew latter in the afternoon when the sun was hanging low.... right into my KX131 lens! Still you made great progress and you troubled shot and overcame your problems singled handed! :P A lot more than what I can do for sure!

Edited by JMS

But I flew latter in the afternoon when the sun was hanging low.... right into my KX131 lens!

A bit like this? I LOVE sunset atmosphere, with beautiful contrast on the trees and fields... :D

That's from my first heli FPV tonight :D

Clipboard01_t-1.jpg

Yes, it was late afternoon and the sun was low and just a bit cloudy. In the afternoon with the sun high, it's even better but I wanted to test the worst case condition and it fared wonderfully.

Kilrah, I keep noticing that your captures have higher resolution. What kind of camera are you using and what recording device? My camera is specified at 350TVL unfortunately, and is a bit on the low side so eventually I think I will try to get a better camera.

Daniel

Usually I fly with a 380 line KX131. This though was a 480 line "KX151" as it may be called at some places.

Nice change in avatar. Is this the "NEW" Kilrah? Heli FPV?

Yeah, that's the one... the nasty sun flashes in my videos. BTW Kilrah the res/color on the KX 151 looks pretty good on that picture! Still not a favorite with you? Or is it a second place?

Nice change in avatar. Is this the "NEW" Kilrah? Heli FPV?

Yeah :D

Made me feel like on my first ever FPV 4 years ago and the first solo 2 years ago :D

It's a second place, even if yesterday it would have taken the first as I didn't have the color balance changing problem as usual, which is THE thing that disturbs me. But maybe that had to do with the context as well, I usually HATE shaky video, while yesterday was ├╝ber-shaky and for some reason that didn't annoy me a single bit :lol: