My little NAV/OSD project - under construction

I'm hoping to be able to do that in a about a week or so. We're getting a small number of prototype boards made for me and a few beta testers. Once I get them, I'll be able to put the thing on a plane and tweak the performance until I'm happy with it. After that I'll incorporate it into the autopilot once I get a better feel of it's in-flight performance.

Daniel

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have look on this forum of people working on the same project , I would like to have some detail, I've all the parts in my possession , I would like to have the schematic diagram and the code sourse for PIC 30f4012 would it be possible or not ? If not , why ? , I will try to cable with the pictures of the forum, but it will be difficult. thank you for your answer .

please svp porfavor

email me va2dd

Dan

Edited by Dan

Hi All,

Nice work on the OSD>GPS,

I've been trying to fallow the work done but it's tough when there is 37 post's on it,

so if some one dose not mined questions that would be great! :D

1. is there any way points >> or just auto pilot return to home?

2. is there any way to make it programed for way point?

Thanks

B)

Edited by WayneMcClure

1. The system actually supports waypoints but right now only one waypoint is used - HOME. Unfortunately for this version (4.6) we've pretty much used up all available memory so under you start removing stuff, you won't be able to fit anything in. The next version will have more than enough memory for waypoints, maps, and so on. In fact it will have UAV capabilities.

2. See #1.

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
1. The system actually supports waypoints but right now only one waypoint is used - HOME. Unfortunately for this version (4.6) we've pretty much used up all available memory so under you start removing stuff, you won't be able to fit anything in. The next version will have more than enough memory for waypoints, maps, and so on. In fact it will have UAV capabilities.

2. See #1.

Daniel

Daniel, very excited to hear about waypoints in the pro version! Looks like I'll be buying another board! Question about the next release.. Will there be any throttle/chan3 control as part of the autopilot? Reason I ask is IMO it would be a great capability to have it kill throttle at some programmable low altitude limit.

I wonder if pro version 2 will have auto landing/take off?! At this development rate, version 3 could probably make coffee!

Edited by anci3nt
I wonder if pro version 2 will have auto landing/take off?! At this development rate, version 3 could probably make coffee!

Not only that but will head for the kitchen and also bring you back a scone and todays newspaper but deploying it's landing gear on it's own first ;)

Edited by JMS

Don't have to do anything extra to hold my interest. I've decided in order to keep my sanity and thin wallet intact, to do nothing but keep an eye on the thread and read about it. Extremely interesting to see what you fellows are doing and how you're going about it. Keep it up and success to you all.....

• 2 months later...

Hi anci3nt,

Sorry for this late reply - I haven't been dropping by here too much lately.

In answer to your question - yes the Pro version will also control the throttle channel as well as some others. It's got enough PWM channels to control pretty much everything - maybe even flaps. And yes, the idea (eventually) is that this thing will do auto-landing or at least assisted landing. We're still a ways off in terms of software development right now. Have to make sure that the hardware works first.

Daniel

• 2 months later...