Mr.RC-Cam

Photos of the Local Park

It's been awhile since anyone has posted aerial photos from a still camera. So, here are some random picks from today's flights at the local park.

BTW, the camera is my old 2MP Sony DSC-U20 with DiY CamMan R/C camera controller. The Sony is not the best, but the small size is great. The model is a foamy electric Soarstar (sort of a Wingo clone). It is about 5 years old, has hundreds of flights, yet has not seen a crash. Knock on wood.

Photo 1:

post-13-1182310735_thumb.jpg

It is about 5 years old, has hundreds of flights, yet has not seen a crash. Knock on wood.

Photo 1:

That would be my head! :lol:

Beautiful pictures Mr. RC-Cam! Very motivating! I say ki-hon! That means basic in Japanese. Sometimes it's nice to go back to basic, I should look into this and give it a try. There's lots of nice rivers and forest areas I would love to photograph in my valley!

Edited by JMS

I could throw in some pictures to. This is not from a park, but from Stamsund in Lofoten, Northern Norway.

The pictures was taken on June 16.

post-13-1182325590_thumb.jpg

Second picture.

Watch the white beach to the right. Yeah its possible to take a swim in the sea up here.......some sunny day.

post-13-1182325882_thumb.jpg

My God cfe7... breath taking scenery of your country! I'm sure you have a good collection!!!!! Great job! :D

Thanks for the kind comments and the nice photos. Aerial stills from others are definitely welcome in this thread.

For those that have not tried it, let me say that taking photos from a small R/C model can be very rewarding. Low cost to do too.

Thanks for the kind comments and the nice photos. Aerial stills from others are definitely welcome in this thread.

For those that have not tried it, let me say that taking photos from a small R/C model can be very rewarding. Low cost to do too.

I can understand how rewarding it would be. For now I'm cheating by extracting low res images (video frames) from my KX131. That's when I wished I had a light weight digital camera on board. From the air I can see Mount Baker (USA), Mount Rainer (USA) , then I can see the Georgia Straight which separates my island to the mainland ( Vancouver, CND.) This will be one of those project I will try in the future.... too much load on my shoulder now. But still... I study how to do this so when I am ready, there will be no waste, just success on the first try! ;)

I "rediscovered" this picture today on my computer.

This is not “real” AP, but I find it nice with both sunlight and snow at the same time.

It was taken a few years ago.....by accident, or should I say lucky accident?

I was landing the glider in my hand when I accidentally flipped the camera switch at the same time. The result is not too bad.

post-13-1182674348_thumb.jpg

Edited by cfe7

Yeah... WOW!!! Looks very mystical... like a scene in Lord of the Rings or something! :o Most spectacular!