Flutter

How do I combine video overlay+TinyTrak?

Well, I got all my stuff,except for the TinyTrak. I will get it next week. Anyway, my GP Cub will be testbed for the complete setup and I am doing the cocpit layout now. My question is if I can use a Y-cable from the GPS that split into one connector to the TinyTrack and one for the GPS video overlay card?

Also, what is the best way to separate video TX antenna and the RX antenna? I was thinking of having the receiver in the wing and route the antenna in one of the wings. This way I will have good spacing between the two antennas. Any comments?

Last question:Has FMA made a new version of the copilot?If so,what is new on the last version?

Flutter

Last question:Has FMA made a new version of the copilot?If so,what is new on the last version?

CCPM helicopter, and custom transmitter mixing support and optional Vertical sensor to speed up ground calibration. It also has embeded the co-pilot controller inside its own FM receiver. You can no longer use your own receiver with it.

I have the new FS8 receiver/co-pilot and so far I have all good things to say about it.

The idea of "customer transmitter mixing support" is an extremely powerful idea once you see it implemented.

The receiver does not have a specific port for pitch and roll control like the old copilot. Instead, it "learns" which of it's 8 channels it should use for leveling.

For example, imagine a sailplane with 2 aileron servos on two channels, PLUS rudder coupling to correct for adverse yaw. The new FS8 will learn your transmitter mixes so that when it is applying roll control to level the plane, it will not only use both aileron channels to work the ailerons, it will apply the same rudder coupling you have mixed in your transmitter. Too cool :)

Bill

Edited by yb2normal