Well; I realized that I had to lean glow engine 2 to 3 clicks clockwise to run at hi altitude. Enjoy Video. :D

WOW !!!

you landed it fine congratulations,

I was thinking you lost track of home,

since you soared arround like that after the deadstick,

was the landing site same as take off ?

or was it just some whare else ?

was the landing 100% FPV ? or did you land on visual contact ?

great video

since you soared arround like that after the deadstick

Well, that's enjoyable...

I know you're good at making 1000m vertical dives in 30 seconds, but I prefer keeping that potential energy once I have it instead of wasting it as quickly as possible :P

I've done that on puropose many times when flying FPV with glow planes, I was always annoyed by the vibration of the motor, so I would climb, kill engine and clamly glide down enjoying the view. 1000m easily gives you 5 mins of gliding time even on a plane that is usually made to fly powered. Ample time to find your way and land nicely.

Example...

Another one, ~1200m glide with a fun fly

Edited by Kilrah

Sounds like fun Kilrah :lol: downloading your videos now ;)

Ivsupertech, great job btw! Love the high eye scenery even though the high altitude killed your air/fuel mixture which didn't seem to bother you one bit! ;)

WOW !!!

great video

THANK YOU THOMAS; From take off to deadstick landing all 100% FPV. The Original video before uploaded to you tube is better. The deadstick really not intentional. My timer battery went dead, I got carried away with flying first half of video low and chasing another plane. Normally when I go hi I start climb out, I get approx 13 minutes of run time at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. When 8 to to minutes is up I decend and call my landing. :D People here say I fly better with VR FPV then from ground view.

WOW !!!

great video

By the way, The same Airstrip. Also this is that video where I failed to lean out somewhat to allow glow engine to run at high altitude.

Well, that's enjoyable...

I know you're good at making 1000m vertical dives in 30 seconds, but I prefer keeping that potential energy once I have it instead of wasting it as quickly as possible :P

I've done that on puropose many times when flying FPV with glow planes, I was always annoyed by the vibration of the motor, so I would climb, kill engine and clamly glide down enjoying the view. 1000m easily gives you 5 mins of gliding time even on a plane that is usually made to fly powered. Ample time to find your way and land nicely.

Example...

Another one, ~1200m glide with a fun fly

Thanks Kilrah; Gliding from up hi is great! just as you decend though be in the vicinity of the airstrip or of area you take off from. I had a deadstick over Lake Mead, (sorry ran out of memory on SD Card) about 2 miles up and out. I glided to home base field area and still glided for a while and landed ok. BY THE WAY YOUR VIDEO IS GREAT! I sure would like to fly there! What do you use for panning of camera?

Sounds like fun Kilrah :lol: downloading your videos now ;)

Ivsupertech, great job btw! Love the high eye scenery even though the high altitude killed your air/fuel mixture which didn't seem to bother you one bit! ;)

:rolleyes: Thanks JMS, it was fun. To me FPV flying is easier to judge distance, for even landing in a hi cross wind. I landed cross ways at near end of field, then herrier in and parked in grass. While in video goggles. It started out calm. Vegas is unpredictable with winds and direction.

I was simply using a knob on the TX and a servo under the camera on that one.

>lvsupertech

Great video!

Also once set the fuel mixture too rich, and at high altitude,

got some mottor problems.

But really nice you landed it perfectly :D

How long radio range do you have?

And how many mw video TX?

LoopForEver

>lvsupertech

Great video!

Also once set the fuel mixture too rich, and at high altitude,

got some mottor problems.

But really nice you landed it perfectly :D

How long radio range do you have?

And how many mw video TX?

LoopForEver

Sometimes I can't remember if I have responded to questions. So to be sure, I have TX and Camera and RX from Booster vision and is 1000 miliwatts. 14 DBI patch antenna for the RX is from black widow AV. ;)

I like the way the prop still turns over a couple of times from the wind

Nice clear reception, only one dropout near the end.

WOW !!!

great video

Flying 100% FPV with Goggles of course. Thank You Take off and Landing at the same airstrip. I have another video flying over Lake Mead Far and very High. I higher then the surrounding mountains. On the long flight home lol. Deadstick!. But high up. Still over the water. Landed back at airfield there too. will post. Stay Tuned :). Working on that for You Tube. lvsupertech.

I like the way the prop still turns over a couple of times from the wind

Nice clear reception, only one dropout near the end.

Thanks for Viewing I will post the highest and most distance video soon Lake Mead NV . That one deadstick too. I need to replace fuel tank with about 20 ounces one LOL. I use a li poly 11.1 volt especially designed for radio control TX's 4C 2600. Plenty of juice. No glitches.

WOW !!!

great video

How about this video: An edited one more edit then I wanted. I have the 10 minute full version.

In that one one can tell how far I was. Because It had taken some time to get back.

Well here check this one out. :)

Very nice! Love the scenery out there. Quite a bit different than the grass, trees and rolling hills out here on the East Coast. :)

You should post it to vimeo so we can download the higher quality version.

I agree! After experiencing the high resolution of Vimeo, I find it hard to go back to Youtube. ;)

The resolution is better for sure. But the video smoothness is not as good. I've also found that music that's timed to the video image does not work out too good either. But if your video doesn't have those kinds of edits, then it's better than youtube.

Edited by twinturbostang