Hi All,

I've made some good progress on my UAV and thought everyone might like to take a look. I'll be posting some pictures of the completed/painted aircraft soon. I'll have a full video downlink capability on it and will also post some mpegs once we've flown the plane. The page is at http://www.intellitechmicrosystems.com/vmold.htm

Questions and comments are very welcome.

Happy flying,

Jimmy

Vector P Progress Page

Very impressive !

It would be nice to see some of the techy bits , or is it secret ?

How do you get a heli to fly round a wire on its own ?

Terry

UK

Thanks for the kind words. :)

The fairing on the top of the plane serves multiple purposes. It houses antenna, has a 12' recovery parachute under it, and actually helps to direct airflow down the middle of the fuselage and back over the cylinder head to aid in cooling. I wanted it to be as aerodynamic as possible but still be functional.

I mount the tailbooms with two bolts on each side that go up into a plate in the wing that has blind nuts in it. The biggest problem is convincing people not to over torque the tubes and crush them!

Happy flying,

Jimmy

http://www.intellitechmicrosystems.com

Very nice....what are the dimensions on the Vector P? If you don't mind saying....

I have worked up a design that is similar to it for a project I am on. Just a one man thing unlike yours. I am building the Ground Control Vehicle at this time...