Hello

I would like to know what kind of AV-Recorder you use to record

the cam signal from your plane or what ever?

cheers

Andy

Laptop with USB video capture adapter or miniDV camcorder with analog input here.

MiniDV camcorder (with AV in/out) or RC-Tech's Pocket Media PVR.

Laptop with USB video capture adapter or miniDV camcorder with analog input here.

In which resolution do you record? 640x480? And what kind of USB adapter is it?

I got one too but the quality of recording is quite bad (my feeling)!

Cheers

Andy

Full PAL @ 720x576. I have a Pinnacle PCTV100e box I bought at http://www.pctop.ch, but that was about 9 months ago and it seems they don't carry it anymore. It's the one I've had that performs the best.

The supplied software is useless though, but I use VirtualDub to capture and store in DV format just like a camcorder would do, to get the best possible quality. Along with good editing workflow that gives really good results.

Thx! So perhaps I will buy me the new version (if any exist).But First i have to try it with

VirtualDub and the I will see...

Thx

Geko

Are there big differences among the mini-DV cameras

for recording over an AV input? Is the quality almost

the same?

Cheers,

Geko

The main difference I've come across is how tolerant they are of dropouts - some stop recording at the first glitch, others soldier bravely on (which is MUCH more useful in practice). There are some useful summaries of folk's experience elsewhere on this forum.

Never seen a quality difference, neither one that would stop with dropouts - but i have one that will crud about 1sec of the recording if there is a hard dropout ~(100ms). It puts some random squares all over the place and then goes back to normal.

I'm actually going to sell the one I was talking about (Panasonic NV-DS38) we had bought together with a friend, as once I receive my new Canon HV10 we'll both have a personal one with input, so it won't be needed anymore. If this interests you - it just has the 1-second thing but it's not that disturbing, if your link is good it will work very well.