Sign in to follow this  
Wavess

ACT receivers

Check this out:

www.acteurope.de, is in german but you could translate it with google. They have developed a diversity solution for 35 mhz receivers. I think I´m ordering one of them

It's interesting, but I reckon the benefit would be more in the sense of enhanced reliability at usual ranges rather than increased range, just like video diversity. That's what you'll want with fast and expensive models where you do NOT want a single glitch, but I don't think it will do much sense for a FPV foamy that won't go wild with a little glitch here and there anyway.

Edited by Kilrah

It's interesting, but I reckon the benefit would be more in the sense of enhanced reliability at usual ranges rather than increased range, just like video diversity. That's what you'll want with fast and expensive models where you do NOT want a single glitch, but I don't think it will do much sense for a FPV foamy that won't go wild with a little glitch here and there anyway.

Agree this is not suitable or usable for small electric foamies, but think is useful for larger planes and could increase the chances to fly longer. Anyway I´ve decided to give them a try B)

Be sure to report then B)

On my side I think I'm simply going to order a second R5114DPS :P

:rolleyes: G3 technology, seems you´re getting great results with that. How much do you think the improvement is?It´s expensive stuff btw.

I sent a message to act´s tech support asking them for an english user guide. I have no idea of german and this is a vital factor to buying it.

Indeed, I love it. Got my 14MZ 2 weeks ago, the next day on the first try I nearly doubled my distance record at 2800m, and unfortunately had to turn back because of a broken servo. Hadn't had a single glitch yet.

I had never passed ~1500m with confidence with anything (PPM, PCM) before.

Indeed it's a shame they only have the full-blown 5114 and not a cheaper 8-10 channel one in PCM G3. Maybe that will come... as long as they keep the RF part as is I'm OK.

Wavess, if I can help just tell me. I'm german, so I can translate regarding the ACT or the like.

Great thanks a lot hartwig. Seems that ACT are popular over there. Have you tried them yet? With the translator I almost have everything clear but still having some stuff not really well known. I´ll would review again the user guide, and then could ask you s single question. :rolleyes:

I hope their products are good because I made an order on July 27 and I´m still waiting for it. They said the package was sent on August 1 with DHL express. I´ve have called today to DHL and they say there is nothing pending for me. Their website is awful, all in german a lot of bugs, they don´t include the VAT for european customers, but they charge them on your credit card without knowing you what´s going on. I´m very mad with these people :angry: so if someone´s going to order take care, I´ve spent 240€ to deserve a little bit more from them. :angry::angry:

Just a quick update. Received my order 2 days ago, I finally bought 2 DSL-8 to form a diversity receiver. Also ordered the PC serial cable to view logs and programing. Still waiting for cristals to come.The receivers could be used alone each other and today I tested on my backyard. There is a zone aprox 20 mts away were I get lots of glitched with the transmitter antena collapsed in all my glow & electric planes. Well today I attached just a brand new servo and a 4 cell battery to the receiver. Did a quick comparision between a 6 channel PPM futaba receiver, a hitec electron DS, and the ACT, well all of them have glitches that were minor on the futaba and the ACT, pretty much the same for both. So the first clue is that there is no Super Performance formulae on this receiver either. We´ll see on real life at the flying club how its performance is, attached with the 2nd receiver.