Bug

PIC Programmer

Hello,

New to the forum , but not the site. I have been in R/C and electronics for a while and am starting to program PIC's from the special projects section. I have a few ideas for PIC uses but am no programmer. I have the Easy Microcontrol'n book, but by the time I get up to speed, the technology will be 2 steps behind.

Does anyone know of a service that will create PIC programs at a nominal cost or how about someone who would go in half's on the Idea?

Thanks for looking

Hey Bugs,

Perhaps I can help. What are you looking to do?

Also if you want to get programming PICs VERY fast. Simply buy a good compiler. Much faster than trying to go at it in Assembler. Although down the road you will need some assembler (for hardware interrupt routines and other stuff).

I like PIC-C (PCM Compiler) and PicBasic Pro. It's a bit of an investment, but you will save tons of time when creating projects.

And if it's a good idea that I'm interested in, perhaps I wil help you to code it!

I have a couple of examples of PICBasic code for R/C projects available to browse at http://www2.rconline.ca/horde/chora/

It is a web interface to CVS.

Cheers,

Mike

MikeP was correct in what he said but the cost is also an issue as it is not that cheap to get everything that you need to do your work. My suggestion would be the use of the basic stamp modules that can be programed in Pbasic and they use either a pic or a Scenix micro. But if you really want to just either pay us or go 50/50 with us then we can help. My partner and I both program the pic's and atmels. I have a degree and program in 5 languages so drop us a line and lets talk (email about what you want. ) We also can sign and return to you a non disclousure form if you require one. Till we talk, baggs baggs-AT-artgraphics.com

If you like, you can email me your requirements, and as long as it's not too complex give me a day or 2 to code it for you, then if you just buy a cheap programmer you can use the hex code to program it and yr off - else if you can send me some coin, I'll post you out some programmed chips. Programing boards are pretty cheap tho, I recommend the P16PRO40, it's very cheap - you can buy it either pre assembled or in kit form, and best of all it takes a huge range of chips. One thing with it tho - make sure you invest a lil extra for a 40 pin ZIF socket - it just makes burning an absolute breaze. The other option to look at is to get an incircuit serial programmer - most PICs these days can be programmed by that method - and at least it means you don't have to remove the PIC to change the program.

Atmel AVRs are very nice too..

STK500 is like $80.00

I use atmega's for lots of small projects, they consume very little power, and contain there own clock gens.. The atmega16 runs @ 16mhz, and has ADC, Voltage Comparators, I/O Serial Ports.. Tons of info can be had at avrfreaks, and there are many projects using them to control Servo's..