Sign in to follow this  
dalbert02

Geko (Inspire) Video on/off question

I really tried to solve this on my own, but I can't quite seem to be able to figure this out. I am trying to turn off the video overlay with a Geko (Inspire) OSD board. I have my controller set so that channel 6 is an on/off switch. I have the VID cable from the Inspire connected to the Rx's channel 6. If the switch is down, I get on the servo test screen:

1.15ms = vid off

and with the switch up I get

1.98ms = vid on

However, the overlay is always on. I have no glitches, good GPS signal, good battery voltages, but I can't seem to get the overlay to switch off. Any ideas?

Thank you,

-dave albert

However, the overlay is always on. I have no glitches, good GPS signal, good battery voltages, but I can't seem to get the overlay to switch off. Any ideas?

If there is an error state present, the video won't turn off (a safety feature). So for now, let's consider that an error is present.

(1) What is the status LED doing? Is it on steady, slowly flashing, or rapid flashing?

(2) Is the R/C signal Icon on steady, or is it blinking?

BTW, what software version are you running?

Hi,

Thank you for such a quick response. smile.gif The power LED is steady on and the GPS is blinking slow and the RC icon shows full power ( I am using RSSI w/ bar graphic). It is ver 3.3, here is a pic:

geko_sml.jpg

-dave

Edited by Mr.RC-Cam

The photo is helpful -- I think I see a possible cause. Do to its importance, the Station ID (call sign) field has priority over the Video On/Off. Basically, when the Station ID appears, the video will always turn on so that the ID will be visually transmitted. This ensures that the ham rules are not violated, even when flying with the video turned off.

Does the Video On/Off work when the Station ID field has timed out and is not in use? You may have to reduce your ID timer settings to accommodate this.

Aaaaarrrggg! That was it! I had the callsign set to always be on. :D Three days I have been trying to figure out what I did wrong. Thank you, Thank you! I feel kinda silly asking questions sometimes b/c I feel like you must be inundated with stupid questions and I have run out of my allocated "stupid-question-per-user-quota"...so I generally just beat my head on the desk until my frustration overcomes my embarrassement.

Thanks again,

-dave

I will admit I was stumped for a moment. The photo was the key to solving it.

There is a new V3.4 software release. It has mAh battery fuel gauging and some other cool features. In case you are interested, the V3.4 instruction addendum can be downloaded from HERE. You can also review a demo video that shows the mAh feature in action.

The V3.3 that you are currently using is bootloader capable, which means that you can update Inspire's firmware using your PC. Just email dpcav.com to request the V3.4 update. Be sure to include your current firmware version, hardware revision, and unit serial number.

Wow, that is very cool. I was just thinking today how awesome it would be to know how much juice I had left in the pack. That is great! Would you happen to have any plans for a micro version? It would be awesome if you could include the zlog altitude device and make it smaller. Something that a small parkflyer could use would be perfect. Thanks again for all your help and sorry to be such a bother.

-dave

Would you happen to have any plans for a micro version? It would be awesome if you could include the zlog altitude device and make it smaller.

You just never know what might pop up some day. :)

Thanks again for all your help and sorry to be such a bother.

It's my pleasure. No bother at all.