Performed a new test with a DV camcorder as capture device. The problem was gone (old problem with dropouts came back - discussed earlier on this forum).

Also tried another cable and connection to the capture card (Terratec Cinergy HT PCMCIA). There are connections for both composite and S-VHS plugs - no improvement.

The problem seems to be the capture……somewhere. The wireless system on the laptop was shut down all the time.

So now I'm wondering. Where the h… is the source to this problem.

To me it looks like your video RX does not match exactly the frequency of your TX. It reminds of a a satellite receiver being mistuned. This would also explain the dropouts with the different recording equipment.

But this is just a rough guess, I might be wrong.

Edited by Hartwig

I've tried 3 different receivers without any improvement.

If I connect my video RX to a monitor, there is no such noise in the picture. Therefore I think there must be something else :blink:

Since you mentioned three different RX, what were they? I had similar problems when I used a Rangevideo (Lawmate) 500mW TX and a Ebay special RX. Got horrible static reception with poor colors, at the time I used a SD camcorder and DVD RW for this test.

The RX's were from BW, and of the same frequency series as the TX.

I have just performed new tests. This time with a camera (KT&C 650) directly plugged into the capture card on my laptop. The noise is still there :(

I'm close to give up the this ¤%&"# device.

Perhaps go back to using your DV camcorder (because of better results) and narrow down your drop out problem. Start with the simple causes first of course. I hate to see you pull your hair over the PC capture card... and your camcorder... and your 3 RX. Soon there will be no hair on your head!

Oh btw, I hope you didn't place your A/V TX near the planes' RX and ESC. Also I hope you are not sharing one battery to power everything together. Those are no no's :lol:

Very odd that the interference is at the end of each scan line and not just at the top or bottom of the picture. I would look at the coupling of the video, maybe try changing capacitor values and see if it effects the problem. Is you RX powered by it's own separate battery ?

Terry

Yes Terry everyting have their own batteries.

In the test I mentioned yesterday, the camera was removed from the plane, and conected to the capture card in another room.

My guess is that the Terratec card is defect in some way :o

I just have to hope for some help from the service department where i bought this device.

it really look like digital noise from a defective grapper card,

I always try to remove more and more in the signal path

to help me finding the problem, like cam directly to recorder or grapper to see if this is pefect before adding radio links,