Sign in to follow this  
michel pet

tx power to low and bad signal

i have an air-wave 633 .

the problem, it is not working goed it use 0,24 amp instead of 0.5 +-.

i can ged 5 meters of goed video than is over.

can same wan tel me Wat`s the problem.

More info please.

What aerials are you using ?

what are you using to power it ?

Any pictures of your setup would help too.

Terry

i can ged 5 meters of goed video than is over.

If you are testing indoors then multipathing will cause a lot of grief. If you only get 5 meters in the wide open outdoors, then there is indeed a problem.

Any pictures of your setup would help too.

Yes, clear close-up photos of the Tx's top and bottom construction would help. The module's 50 ohm interface to the antenna is critical, so show photos of that too.

21082007186.jpg

the tx

21082007189.jpg

power box 3,3 volt end 5 volt

21082007187.jpg

the tx antenna

21082007188.jpg

the rx box with antenna.

i have test this setup out side in the open .

sorry fore mine bad english

Edited by michel pet

In the first photo I noticed that you do not have an effective RF gnd. At a minimum, you need to add some as shown in the photo below. These can't just be simple wire leads. They need more surface area. Some tinned copper braid works well. If possible, utilize all the module's gnd pads and add straps to your copper clad box at each gnd pad.

post-5-1187742391_thumb.jpg

In your second photo I do not see any stability bypass caps on the voltage regulators. They are prone to oscillate without them, so the caps must be installed without exception. The mfg data sheet will give you the full details. Use low ESR caps with short leads.

The AWM633 is a 3.3VDC device. So, I suspect the POT is for a Vreg that has adjustable voltage? If so, be aware that if the adjustment is ever allowed to go too high the module will be damaged. For that reason I would recommend a fixed voltage regulator.

In the third photo I see that you are using another brand of receiver (not Airwave). Please be aware that there are minor differences in the various wireless A/V systems that will often affect compatibility. Using the same brand is the best way to avoid that.

Lastly, your 240mA draw suggests that either the AWM633 input voltage is too low or that the antenna system is not properly matched. Verify that you have 3.3V at the power input of the Module. With no antenna connected, the module will typically draw 450mA or so. BTW, testing for good range must be done outdoors, in a wide open area, so ignore poor performance while inside.