Sign in to follow this  
kuzeydogun

choosing the most stable platform for AVP and FPV

choosing the most stable platform for AVP(aerial video/photography) and FPV(first person view), live-cam tracking, real-time camera control?

Dear Friends

I am a chief police officer from turkey. We are starting a new project soon, in our town(adana, south of turkey ) for tourist safety. The name of the project is "helipolis". We will try to preapare a rc heli team for hovering throught the city. Our helis will hang out at the city and will look for troublemakers. The system we plan has transmitters placed along the city(up to 10 mile diameter area) and our electronic guys got their a/v transmitting/receiving system to work with.

Now we are at the state of finding the most suitable platform to work with. Our platform should carry a simple gps tracking module to get the coordinates, a nose cam for camera control as first person view, this nose cam is for livecam flight control. And a second moving cam for watching the city. The platform should hover at about 200m height, with a speed of 100km/h and with about 2 hours of flight time. The platform should also be easy to fly, very stable and predictable and strong across the wind. We do not need any 3d flight abilities but we need a clear flight, or we do not need lots of lbsss lifting capacity. I guess 2 or 3kg of lifting capacity is enough for extra modules. Keep in mind that the ship will be controlled at out of eye-contact range

Now dear RC friends, please give these old tech-poor police officers an idea for choosing the most suitable heli platform....we just cant find the right heliship??

A gasser helicopter, or a bergen gasser, maxum, an UAVP, a Mikrokopter, quadrocopter or any other heli brand or type????? give us a hand professionals please

Thanks for any replies guys and sorry for the poor english, tried to write my best, hope you understand....

Best wishes

Adana police Department of Turkey

Adana/TURKEY

msn: kuzeydogun[AT]hotmail.com

If you want to cover a City, or even a part of the city, it would be much cheaper, better, more reliable, and easier to put a bunch more cameras on poles and buildings throughout the city.

Having helicopters hovering for any period of time is not practical. It is definately not worth it when the cameras can be put on so many fixed objects and cover more area.

JetPilot

Also to fly over building you need very high reliability. We are not ready for this kind of project, even UAV cie are probably not ready...

I must agree with these guys, I have been working/playing with this stuff for 7 years now and I would not put an R/C heli over a town. Even if it is legal where you are it is a bad idea. It would not be long before there was a serious accident.

You need to fly high to keep you data link good so you need a good camera system that is big so you need a big heli that is heavy so you need a very expensive system to keep it safe = don't bother.

By the time you add up the cost of all the equipment and men to keep these flying you would be better off with standard cctv as jet says, or even a small (Robinson) full size heli.

Hope this helps, Terry