Mark Harris

Oh Darn... into a tree :(

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/799740/great..._onboard_video/

Had to put it into a tree because the trim was so far out and the wind was far too strong to fly this plane. oh well - not much damage. :(

At least i got it down "safely" it was looking like i was going to fly over into houses or over the school without being able to see it or make it turn... had to bite the bullet and drop it into the only tree that would let fall out. It's a good thing to know your area.. including which trees planes fall out of haha.

Yeah nasty crash Mark!!!! But fortunately the damage wasn't too bad! So was the lines on the video due to mistuning of the tx and rx or perhaps the tx was picking up interference from the esc? (that can sometimes be unavoidable if location of gear is too tight for space on a little plane.) Or would it possible for interference from the neighborhood?

Didn't look like wifi to me, maybe phones as we don't get them on 2.4Ghz here. Looked more like on board interference like JMS surgested ?

I have had to ditch a plane before rather than risk hitting someone, not good but it has to be done :( well done

Terry

Such stable diagonal lines are usually noise from a switching power supply.

Also experienced it with the KX151 cam when it has a video TX too close to it.

Well considering there are no switching power supplies.. except if the Castle Creations BEC has one - i find that hard to believe. Using a KX-131, sent my 151 to Nikolaj.

It sure looks like local noise from a switcher supply or something similar. Are you using the KX131's 12V adapter cable (with integrated 5V switcher)? Or, it could be a linear Vreg that is oscillating due to inadequate bypass caps.

Tree? Try crash landig in a river with water temperatures of about 13 degrees Celcius, happened to me last monday, and yes, I did go out and retrieve it by swimming :P

SU-27 XXL, riverside rescue

Cheers,

Sander.

OWWWWW NOW THAT'S LOVE AND DEDICATION!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: That looks reallll cold!!!! Just watching that made me feel cold!!!! :blink:

oh no Sander !!

how much electronics was dead due to the water ?

and did you catch a cold ?

Edited by ThomasScherrer

I'm fine, no cold, thanks guys :D

The camera wasn't working when I pulled the plane out of the water, but after disassembly, some rinsing with distilled water and blow drying with a hair dryer it was fine, at least for the most part.

The receiver, ESC and LiPo had some corrosion around exposed contacts, which came off with a toothbrush and some cleaning agent. After rinsing with distilled and (again) blow drying all worked fine. I however will not be using these for anything that goes high and/or fast.

But yes, seeing that movie again made me shiver, that water was <about 1/10 of inch shown between thumb and index finger> this cold. I just needed to keep swimming to stay somewhat warm. I dried off real quick after getting out and then quickly walked back to the car and put the heater on full to get warm again.

Cheers,

Sander.