Sign in to follow this  
Wavess

Could saturated audio reduce dramaticaly range?

Hi all, I went today to remaiden my EasyStar V2.0 after last crash, I´m getting a very poor range even within visual contact. I realized I did adjust the adjustable resistor in my electret pcb with too much gain and is really over saturated. Could audio distortion reduce the range so much? I really don´t know what is going here, at home the other day had problems too that seemed to improve changing the aerial that crashed too. My range reduction consist on very often snowy screens. I´m very dissapointed :(

Check your TX's RF output lead to the antenna. I had similar behaviour once. In my case it was a broken lead but very tiny small break which I c ould hardly see with bare eyes. soldering over it solved the problem quickly and effectively.

Well, it had a crash before, so that's where the damage came from.

Yes definitively was my transmitter. I installed an Airwave 633TX and the performance is wonderful, even better than my lawmate 600 mW when it was new. Now I´m having some problems with my switching regulator, I´ll change to a linear.

Waves

I just installed a microphone onboard my jet, and the sound of the microphone was too loud giving a lot of distorsion in the sound transmit, I also getting a lot of noise in the video when the motor was turning. The picture was perfect at any speed before installing the microphone. I suspect it could also reduce range because I use only one battery to power everything onboard, so the noise is also probably present at the receiver.

I first reduce the sound by installing a potentiometer on the audio transmitter input line, but the sound was not good, only less loud, but no noise in the video. i finally replace a resistor with a bigger value on the microphone pcb, check photo. The resistor was 15 000 ohm (153) if i remember well. I replaced it with a 600kohm resistor ( I extend wire and install a bigger one)

post-2-1189393387_thumb.jpg