Sign in to follow this  
DPC

Matco Security Receiver/Transmitter

Great site! I found you guys after countless hours of searching for a wireless video feeds for my custom application. I'm looking for expert advice to help get me pointed in the right direction.

I'm working on rigging up a wireless video feed in a slighty unorthodox manner. I built a custom RC controlled dolly and strapped a full size consumer size 3 CCD camera to it. The whole rig travels down a zip line (approx 200 to 300 feet) and in order to see if the action is in the frame, I need to be able to see the actual video coming out the camera (I already have a battery powered LCD monitor that I can use for viewing).

I found the following Trans/Rec and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this manufacuter or model?

Matco 2.4 GHz 8 Ch Wireless A/V Transmitter [ASK-2008T] & Receiver [ASK-2008R]

Edited by DPC

They look like some units I have had dealings with in the past and are very good, the transmitter is a bit big for us here though.

Terry

Thanks Terry!

I decided to roll the dice with the Matco. I guess we'll see what I end up with tomorrow.

Does it seems like a lot of the video/audio wireless components sold on the web are very similar, but often RE-branded for different websites..? While searching I found an $400 difference between 2 recvs that look identical.. they even had the same mW rating.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

There are some known manufacturers who have their gear sold by many companies. But as a lot of the gear comes from China, and the Chinese love to copy each other, there will also be totally similar looking devices made by different companies, not always with the same price and quality/performance regardless of the published specs.

Edited by Kilrah