Sign in to follow this  
Terry

MAX441CPP

I want to get away from the LM6574 as it needs a duel supply and the MAX4311 is not availible here so I'm looking at the MAX411CPP, any comments ?

Terry

the MAX4311 is not availible here

Can't you get them through Maxim directly??

I got all my units as samples, that is maybe 30 of them over time.

Edited by Kilrah

I did get 2 as samples but I ordered tiny things I can hardly see by mistake. I want to use parts that are easy to get for future projects. I have a couple of receiving systems to try on 2.4Ghz and then I am going to try 1.384Ghz so I want to build some simple video switching boards.

Terry

OK forget that, I just had a propper look at the data sheet and it needs a duel supply too. :angry:

Kilrah, what version 4311 do you use ?

Terry

I think than is what I have, they are about 5mm long. I can solder them ok but making a board is not so easy :o

Is there a board availible for evaluation ?

Terry

Terry,

I've got some of these, in the so14 package, I can send you 2 for testing if you need them...

Thanks for the offer oxxyfx, I may take you up on it later but for now I have gone back to the LM6574 as I have already got a board layout for it. This time however I am going to try powering it with a negative voltage coverter to save on battery. Fingers crossed :)

Terry

No problem, I will send you 2 anyway - so you'll have it in case you need it. Nothing is worse than stopping a project because you are waiting for parts... :)

Very true !

Many thanks, I will add you to my christmas card list ;)

How is your auto tracking project progressing ? A few weeks ago I saw posts everywhere about it but I have not seen anything of late :unsure:

Terry

It is on hold for now. I've been working on something else... You'll see it soon... By the way, did you sent the patch back to me, or you are going to keep it? I am only asking because it never arrived back... It is fine with me either way...

I just sent you a PM...

Edited by oxxyfx

The patch is sitting at the back of my bench, forgot all about it :o

I could adjust it up for you and ship it back if you like ?

Is there anything else you need ?

Terry

Edited by Terry

Please do so, I would like to see if it makes any difference on my system.

Thanks Terry, I really apreciate all your help.

Well I should have kept my mouth shut :wacko:

I have spent quite some time now adjusting the patch and still it is a poor match. First I tried adjusting the air gap but this made very little difference then the pin position but the odd thing is it is better adjusted the wrong way :blink:

The best frquency is 2460 and to my surprise it is far more circular than before :P far from perfect but much better.

I did all my tests with no spacers but when I added glued balsa it made thing worse, just like when I added heat shrink to a dipole.

I think the mix of steel backplane and copper patch may be a problem, I had the same trouble when I made my own design patch out of all brass when before it was made with an ali back plane.

It's not great but I will send it if you want it ?

Terry