Sign in to follow this  
giorgio

Video Y connector interference

When I connect a Y cable to glasstron and camcorder (used to record flight) from the receiver, I get a bad picture that is dark and saturated. ;)

If I connect directly to the camcorder or glasstron, it works fine.

p.s The cables are quite long, could it help to shorten them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Simon

Along the same lines, I have LCD tv, camcorder, and iglasses on my set-up.. The rx video is split to the LCD tv and camcorder. The iglesses are using a loop thoughoutput from the LCD tv.. Occasionally, if my camera view is seeing lots of sky (or bright area) I will get rolling on the iglasses. The recorded video does not have the rolling at all.. Another clue is when I play the video from the camcorder to the iglasses ( direct conection ) I see this rolling as well. Like I say, this is only once in a while... If I connect the iglasses to a DVD, the rolling never occurs....

Do you thing this sounds like a video signal strength issue that I may have to amplify the rx video signal to keep my iglasses stable?

Go to radioshack and pickup a video distribution amplifier, they have one that amplifies/distributes s-video and regular video lines.

ratshack catalog #:15-1172

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...%5Fid=15%2D1172

Costs $45 on website, might find it on special locally. Not a heavily used item.

Matt

Edited by mklarich

Giorgio,

The length of the cables probably does not make much difference in that regard. The reason the image is dark is because both the glasstron and camcorder place a 75 ohm load on the video signal, but the standard impedance is a single 75 ohm termination to 1 volt peak-to-peak signal. If you open up the glasstron and camcorder and find a 75 ohm resistor near the input jack and replace it with 150 ohms and use a short cable, it would probably work fine.

Regards,

John