Sign in to follow this  
dickkacz

LoMA

I built 3 units they all work with Futaba R168DF receiver - none will work with Futaba PAR2S (three beeps on power up no beeps on transmitter shut down) - Spektrum 6100 (3 beeps on power up - no beeps on trans power off - glitch beep on trans power up - lost alert beeps on gear up switch when trans on). I turned off all unused channels. One unit I used the slow hex file no luck. Any ideas?

Receivers that continue to send servo pulses upon signal loss (e.g., DSP, PCM, DSS, etc.) must be able to support programmed failsafe in order for LoMA to work correctly. Please see the PCM notes in the web page's instructions. Spektrum R/C users should also see http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2187

I tried this with the AR6100 and the alarm goes off when the throttle is move up. Upon returning the throttle to idle it gives glitch code. I will try it later with AR7000.

The Futaba PAR2S does the same as the AR6100. This receiver is in a Hobbico Nexstar that I use to train new pilots. I has been in a tree eariler this year and the LoMA would have reduced search time by about 1 hour. Even when the tree is known it was still hard to find. The only damage was a very small dent in the wing & broken prop.

Edited by dickkacz

I tried this with the AR6100 and the alarm goes off when the throttle is move up.

Assuming that it occurs at very high throttle (servo pulse >2mS), reducing the transmitter's T-ADJ mix value for high stick should fix that.

im totally lost with the pic programmer and the LOMA, chip is in slot ic program is up and running and the hex file installed. i press the lightning bolt for programming the device , it brings up a window do u really want to program device i hit YES and i get an error report the nees to shut down. HELP

I don't have any experience with ICProg, so I cannot help. It might be best to ask in a ICProg forum. Or, maybe one of the rc-cam members has some advice.

Make sure that in hardware configuration (F3), "Interface" is set to "Windows API".

Direct IO works only until Windows 98.

ok heres what happens, i install the hex file the go to the command button and hit f5 (program all) then a window pops up and asks (do u really want to program the device) i hit yes, the a warning wizard comes up and says (NO OSCILLAROR CALIBRATION FOUND) DO u wnat to use value from file (0000h) instead, then form reading other advise i hit no , then a device window for pic 12c508a pops up and starts to program and an error message appears ( programming failed at code adress 0000h! i hit the ok button, and the guy that made this thing says to ignore it and itll work, well i soldered it up and nothing happened) any help guys??

then a device window for pic 12c508a pops up and starts to program and an error message appears ( programming failed at code address 0000h!

My experience has been that the PIC12C's will report a failure at address 0040h when the protection fuse is enabled. So, with a reported 0000h fail, I suspect the programmer is not talking to the PC correctly.

If you need to verify the chip, then program a fresh new one with the protection fuse disabled. If it fails when you do that, then the programming system or ICProg software setup needs attention.

ok , finally with a buddys help we got 5 chips programmed and it was a sucess. BUT it was a sucess with hitec ppm, havent tried pcm, but i tred it on my ar 6100 spekrtum and it didnt work and itreid withwith the ar7000 and that didnt work either. it initializes but when u turn off transmitter it does nothing and when u turn tranny on theres no glitch counter.

help

The AR6100 is not compatible because its simple failsafe is not programmable. The AR7000 instructions are in the link provided earlier.

LoMA senses the R/C signal loss by monitoring the servo pulse. One of two signal conditions must be sensed. Legacy PPM Rx's rely on loss of servo pulses and PCM/DSP Rx's rely on extreme servo pulse values that the user has programmed into the R/C failsafe settings. Receivers that do not allow either to occur are not compatible.

The AR6100 is not compatible because its simple failsafe is not programmable. The AR7000 instructions are in the link provided earlier.

LoMA senses the R/C signal loss by monitoring the servo pulse. One of two signal conditions must be sensed. Legacy PPM Rx's rely on loss of servo pulses and PCM/DSP Rx's rely on extreme servo pulse values that the user has programmed into the R/C failsafe settings. Receivers that do not allow either to occur are not compatible.

I am not an electronics person and have no building or programming equipment.

Has someone produced a version of this lost model unit that works with Spectrum receivers? I would like to buy a couple, if they are reasonable in price.