ssassen

Ultra small CCD camera with Tx

I'm now fully in the grasp of the FPV virus and want to add a small CCD camera with Tx to my lighter planes as well. Unfortunately the AUW of these planes (200 ~ 300-grams) means I can't simply bolt on a KX131 and a 500mW Tx, that's too heavy and consumes too much power.

When browsing around for suitable solutions I came across the following, which fits the bill exactly. But unfortunately I can't find anybody anywhere that sells seperate cameras, at least not against a fair price. Anybody have any suggestions?

HH6008.jpg

Cheers,

Sander.

TX40 and its smaller sibs might work for you - a bit pricy, but excellent performance for the power (10mW i.e. actually legal in most EU countries!).

Thanks Doofer,

I know Andre (Kilrah) sells them, but like you said, they're a bit pricey. I don't mind spending some money, but I'd rather see if I can get away with something cheaper. Afterall, Andre must've gotten them from somewhere right? These for example look identical.

Caméra 2,4GHz standard 2451*G*

http://www.selectronic.fr/article.asp?arti...ntier=80.0920-1

This kit (receiver is included) is about 100-euro cheaper than Andre's kit, and that's a lot of money, however you look at it. Although this could be a different camera, so I'm not pointing fingers (yet). As far as I look at it I don't mind someone making a little money, but not by cashing in on current demand for stuff that's hard to find, that quickly kills the enthousiasm of someone trying to get into FPV.

Cheers,

Sander.

Alright, I got it all wrong! Talked to Andre, this is *not* the camera he is selling, his TX40 is comprised of different parts sourced elsewhere and put together as a plug-and-play solution by himself. From the looks of it it could very well be a KX-131 with a 10mW transmitter module bolted on, unfortunately Andre is sketchy with details :blink:

Cheers,

Sander.

it is NOT kx131 they are much bigger and a bit better, and much more heavy

due to the metal case the kx131 cam is 27 gr alone.

Thomas,

due to the metal case the kx131 cam is 27 gr alone

Well, if you remove the case, or buy an uncased version to begin with it is a lot lighter than the case version.

131_uncased.jpg

Cheers,

Sander.

As far as I'm aware, the TX40 is an uncased KX131, a regulator and a mini Tx, coupled with a _very_ sensitive receiver.

I've been looking for cheap kit (eBay etc.) for this sort of work since 2001, and my experience has undoubtedly been that when you buy stuff that looks like a bargain and turns out to be rubbish (or works well but not in a FPV rig), you end up spending more money (and much more time) than just taking the plunge and getting something that is quality and works well. Or to put it another way, do you want to spend your time developing equipment, or flying FPV?

The RC-Tech stuff is a case in point. I think you _might_ find individual bits that work as well, for less cash, but

- overall the Kilrathi aren't making a huge amount of profit here, and

- a 'finders fee' for really good stuff is, I think (given all the stuff that's out there, and that you have to try an item to see if it's actually any good for FPV) entirely reasonable.

I eventually splashed out on a TX40 just out of curiosity - "Can this _really_ be that much better than the bits & pieces I have (painfully) sorted out from the dross?". I was pleasantly surprised to find the answer was a clear 'yes!': The KX131 handles the contrast in FPV images better than many other cameras, the transmitter is a scorcher for 10mW (legal limit in UK, at least), the receiver is _much_ better than those I'd knocked up from Video Senders, the 8dB patch seemed about as sensitive and had a much wider field of view than a 16dB yagi... and it all works well together.

Now I know what bits make up the TX40 setup, am I annoyed that it cost so much? Well, no, not really: It reassured me that 10mW is plenty for lots of FPV settings, and I am grateful to RC-Tech for that if nothing else.

(NB. I have no shares in RC Tech, nor have I ever met the Kilrathi, and indeed I too wish their stuff was cheaper!)

(NB. I have no shares in RC Tech, nor have I ever met the Kilrathi, and indeed I too wish their stuff was cheaper!)

If it was not the price, I would highly recommend RC-tech stuff, but's it's out of reach of majority of peoples here.