timecare

any life performances videographers ?

Hello everybody !! I am sure this is not the right place to seek help for my type of problem. But any assistance I might get will be very important and worthy for me.

We do multicamera videography and our project is to transmit 2.4g video for assist purpose only from 4 cameras to receivers at the editing console. In 2000 we bought from videocommtech and later in 2004 from lawmate. We did achieve a result but not satisfied. We get very frequent signal interruptions. Lately we came across the Airwave WM633 and AWM625 from Active Robots UK which we eventually purchased. We are still in the preliminary stages of building and setting them up. Can anyone help us? Amongst other things, I would like to know whether we can extend the Antenna by a 50 ohm cable so as to put aerial as high as possible and whether we can have one powerful antenna and splitting the signal to 4 receivers. I thank everybody in anticipation.

Hi !

You want to extend the antenna's wire ? :o I think you should put your antenna just where you want it ( within line-of-sight of the transmitter).......but, just put your RF receiver right next to it with the shorter antenna wire you can do, and extend your VIDEO wire.

The video signal is much easier to handle than RF, and to a lesser loss.

Choose a directional antenna..........it will cut multipath interferences and any foreing signals as cordless phones and computer wi-fi , (a patch antenna or a yagi could be a good choice in your application) and therefore eliminate almost any glitch that could screw the RF link.

Four receiver.......one antenna <_< .......It's do-able, with a matching balun that will give you more trouble to settle-up than your entire actual rig.... I would personnally not try it !!! There's too many things that can (and WILL ) go wrong ......like : you hit the "record" button.......and the garage door opens ! :blink:

Hope it helps.

Give news about your interresting application !

Hold-on!

Alain.

Edited by Soulglow