Sign in to follow this  
revo racer

car cam!

hi

i wanted to have a camera that i could hook up to my tv and get live video from a camera on my truck. and i would like to be able to move the camera left,right, up and down With the push of a putton. can i have a list of things i would need to get?

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Hey revo,

With a push of a button? Would one of the joysticks on a 4 channel transmitter work? If so you would really only need:

1. an r/c truck

2. wireless camera (maybe choose one that has a Tx and Rx as part of the package)

3. 4 channel radio.

4. 3 servos (2 for the pan/tilt and 1 for steering)

5. either buy a pan tilt setup or make one

6. battery for the camera

7. anything you need to normally operate the truck

could i use an old 2ch radio for the ajustable camera? what camera should i get? and could you show me a mount for the camera? (hd cam) heres the radio i was planning on using http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default...ProdID=SPM20300 for driving the truck... how do i extend the rang(s) to about 2-3 miles? could i get a regular video camera and mount it on the truck and get live video on my tv.

Edited by revo racer

could i use an old 2ch radio for the ajustable camera?

Yeah I guess you could do that but how are you going to operate two pistol grips at once?

Here is an aluminum mount: http://www.endurance-rc.com/media/caar91306.jpg

This is one I built using lexan sheet that I cut and bent: http://www.endurance-rc.com/media/car83106.jpg

how do i extend the rang(s) to about 2-3 miles?

You wont get 2-3 miles on that radio even with line of sight let alone on the ground with trees, houses, etc. With a wireless camera on the ground I think 1000' would be really pushing it depending on where you are.

could i get a regular video camera and mount it on the truck and get live video on my tv.

Do you mean a camcorder? You would need an RCA wireless Tx and Rx if you want to go this route. Check out RangeVideo for video gear. Also you run into another problem of wieght (can the servos move it?), and center of gravity. Also when the thing tips over, and it probably will unless you are extremely careful, do you want to screw your camcorder up?

Edited by EnduranceRC

i just want to have a fixed camera, now that i think about it.... cant i extend the range on my radio? i want to drive it down my road and accross my train tracks. what do i need to look for when i buy the camera? i am planning on useing a regular camcorder like with the screen, you know. could i still get live video?

Edited by revo racer