Sign in to follow this  

A day off work coinciding with some decent weather meant another PupCam mission was on the cards. I was interested to see how the autopan system was working after I had reduced the gain slightly. This resulted in ......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gu5pkesM0k

I am quite pleased with how the system is working now but could still do with improving the video reception from the puny Tx output (no I won't be upping the Tx output). So I'm thinking about the possibilites of a DIY diversity receiver ultimately and higher gain Rx aerials initially. Options for the aerials include double bi-quad, Yagi and dish probably in that order. The bi-quad I'm using at the moment was dead easy to make so the double bi-quad should be pretty easy too. I understand some people have had very good results using Woks as parabolic dishes for WiFi systems which suits my budget and interest in putting things to unusual uses.

When you said pup cam I thought you had put it on your dog :lol:

Nice sound effects :D

Terry

No dogs here, but you see the derivation of the name now!

I thought the le Rhone rotary of Shuttleworth's Pup sounded much better than the Zenoah 26 that is actually fitted. Slightly crude dubbing but maybe in time my video editing skills will improve. I live in hope :rolleyes:

I used a similar sound effect on one of my videos that was on a CD I got from IAT a few years back. Im thinking of an on board sound effect for an electric Tiggy Moth if I can do it. There was one on this forum somewhere if I can find it...

Terry