saabguyspg

Rvision-D Goggles good or bad?

Hi all! I am new to the forum though I have been lurking and reading lots.

I have been flying RC for a while now and am now getting into the FPV side.

I have bought Future Hobbies 500mw 900mhz system and Range video's Rvision-D Goggles. I am using a spektrum Dx7 for my TX.

I read all I could about the Rvision goggles on this forum and it seems most people are quite happy with them. I only plan to use them for FPV so the resolution of them being 640X40 is more than enough cause composite does not even go that high anyway I belive.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any good or bad experiance witht the Rvision-D glasses lately? I know there have been some bad posts about their old glasses but how have the new ones fared?

Jut hoping I have made the right decision here!!!

Any and all opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Steve

eerr... something went wrong there... sorry about the tripple post..... if someone could point me to the administrator I could request to have the other two removed.

oh great... and I noticed I put the topic in the wrong location... sheesh... what a way to introduce yourself eh?

goon....

Edited by saabguyspg

I had the old Rvisions. They died after 15 minutes. I traded up to the new Rvision, and they are ok so far. A lot of chromatic aberations so there are red and purple halos around white object. I met with a friend to do some FPV flying and he had the HeadPlay goggles. THEY ROCK! If I had to do it again, I would go with HeadPlay.

-dave

Thanks Dalbert, I hope to get them this week. I can't afford the head play ones as of yet but maybe later.

If anyone is interested I can post info on these when I get them. Or you can PM me.

Edited by saabguyspg

I had the old Rvisions.  They died after 15 minutes.  I traded up to the new Rvision, and they are ok so far. 

What's the difference between them. And are you talking about the RV-545's or are they different?

TwinT that seems right to me..... Mine have been held up in customs for a while now.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them when the glasses get here.

I use the 545's, and thusfar they've seen more than a mere 15-minutes of use :D

Cheers,

Sander.

ok so anyone who is intersted I have the Rvision D goggles... seems ok so far but is there any known issues that I can pre-emptively deal with?

Like the plug from the power source / video source to the glasses.... is this a weak point? OR are the arms bending back and forth a weak point?

I hope to get my kx 171 this week and it will be time for my first FPV flight....

I could post this questions elsewhere but I am sure someone here can answer it.

I need to run my camera and transmitter of my main battery pack.... are there any issues with this besides the obvious that after I hit throttle cut I can drain the lipo to nothing?

Hi there. My R-visions are still going!

Pre-emptively - if they come with the velcro strap for the plug (controller->specs), use it! If not, knock one up! This plug is vulnerable:

- to breaking in two due to forces from the side (not terminal, just superglue it back together) - an argument for unplugging in between use.

- to unplugging if you turn your head suddenly. Lost a FPV EZ* over a cliff due to this this summer (anyone want to see the vid???) - an argument for fixing in place!

A little velcro loop, split in the middle, can effectively cushion & holds the plug in place.

Overall, I wish they came with a fixed-in cable... which was about 50cm longer... anyone tried extending theirs?

Of course they are also vulnerable to unplugging anywhere in the 'chain' - tape/velcro all plugs in place. Otherwise, a cable looped/snagged somewhere & move your head too much, 'Pop!' you're blind.

excellent advice Doofer thanks!

I was thinking of putting a dab of hot glue on the side of the plug so it it kinda permenant and then creating a semi permenant "hat" like some have on here.

I would like to see the video of the lost plane for sure!