Sign in to follow this  
judojewelry

I know it's cheating but can I buy one?

After reading RC-cam 1, 2, 3, and 4 I don't think I have the tools or the knowledge to build a good color system... can I buy one from a company? I know it's cheating, but the object is to not spend time learning how to be an engineer, fly the chopper over my neighbors house and see if his bratty kids are messing with my truck, Not drop crazy money on the project, and to watch and fly from my living room TV/VCR!?!?

Possible? Any time delay? Does someone sell a Good system?

Will it work at long range? How long is long range?

You could try Future Hobbies: https://www.futurehobbies.com/index.asp They have plug-n-play systems, including connectors. I'm not 100% sure, but it may be ready to slap on your airplane (or heli) without any additional work (eg: soldering, etc.).

I think Range Video may also have some ready to go kits, although you'll have to check to make sure: http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php/index

I just bought my kit from futre hobbies and I think it's pretty good so far.

Comments I have so far....

1) connections they use don't fit anything bu their stuff.. annoying when you get it and have to cut the battery connector off to mate it to yours.

2) the sony 520 lines camera cased version is waaay too heavy for any plane that is not at least twin star size.

Not that any of this is their fault I knew what I was getting into.

The picture on my 42tv screen is really quite good.

Delivery and customer service is good too.

Hope this helps.