Sign in to follow this  
Bx3mE

Help - Dragon Osd Or Intelligent Flight Osd

Hi all!

I am looking to build my first osd project. So i have some questions i´d love to get some answers to.

What are the differenses between Dragon OSD and Intelligent flight OSD

- Is the dragon an old version of the Intelligent flight or are they the same or maybe completly different?

- What are the advatagen of one over the other?

- Does anyone of them support virtual horizon??

I am building a recording platform on a homebuilt airplane and want to have a small camera on VR-Glasses so i can "look around" with OSD info and a Hi res Cam recording Hi quallity video. (Later also a video switch is planned to stream the output of the hires cam to the goggles. Also i will try to get OSD info into the hires (1080P) Video...)

I like the layout of the Dragon osd with virtual compass and home arrow and autopilot feature and also OSD Blanking from transmitter.

On the other hand I don see if the Virtual compass is available in Intelligent flight osd.

Now i do not know which one to go 4 so i hope to get some answers from u guys!!

Are there other aspects such as update frequencies, compatible GPS, senstors etc? Price?

I am a .Net programmer and have common knowledge of programming but only high level languages and my knowledge of electronics is limited.

Also i´d be really grateful to see som "latest version" OSD Layouts from both systems...

All info is appeciated!!!!!

Thanks!!

Edited by Bx3mE

Hi there. Long silences on this board tend to result if someone asks lots of questions which are easily answered by reading the forum.

In brief, they're completely different products that have a lot of 'feature overlap'. The Dragon is physically bigger and more complex, with 'return to base' servo controls/algorithms which work for nice stable high-wing trainer types. The IFOSD is small and simpler to get working, and just offers a 'return to base' arrow in the display in case you get lost (easier than you'd think).

Both offer height, groundspeed, rpm/currents/voltages via GPS, and OSD blanking.

I hope this is helpful - but it's all there if you just Read The Fine Manuals available on this forum & the Intelligent Flight website.

Hi all!

I am looking to build my first osd project. So i have some questions i´d love to get some answers to.

What are the differenses between Dragon OSD and Intelligent flight OSD

- Is the dragon an old version of the Intelligent flight or are they the same or maybe completly different?

- What are the advatagen of one over the other?

- Does anyone of them support virtual horizon??

I am building a recording platform on a homebuilt airplane and want to have a small camera on VR-Glasses so i can "look around" with OSD info and a Hi res Cam recording Hi quallity video. (Later also a video switch is planned to stream the output of the hires cam to the goggles. Also i will try to get OSD info into the hires (1080P) Video...)

I like the layout of the Dragon osd with virtual compass and home arrow and autopilot feature and also OSD Blanking from transmitter.

On the other hand I don see if the Virtual compass is available in Intelligent flight osd.

Now i do not know which one to go 4 so i hope to get some answers from u guys!!

Are there other aspects such as update frequencies, compatible GPS, senstors etc? Price?

I am a .Net programmer and have common knowledge of programming but only high level languages and my knowledge of electronics is limited.

Also i´d be really grateful to see som "latest version" OSD Layouts from both systems...

All info is appeciated!!!!!

Thanks!!